Why become a member? ×

Alibi in 2010

WalMan

First one back and its a long one @ The Fountain, South St., Chichester

Haven't been able to arrange a full r/h so I [i]REALLY[/i] must sit down and play along to a set to get gig fit!!!

Unfortunately I then have to blow out the next one, possibly two as I have a dat for the first on the operations on my plucking hand & wrist :)

Edited by WalMan

• 2 months later...

Back at the Fountain Sat 10 April. It'll be interesting to see how things have changed with the change of management. Rumour has it the money's changed for the worse - not that anyone's bothered to tell the band formally so a check on that when we arrive determines how long we do. Looks like probably a normal 2 x 1 hour rather than the 3 hour mega gigs of old. Ah well.........

This followed by the Swan in Woolston on 16 April then out for another month for Op #2 and a dep for me this time. Question is whether to still try to go and do some backing vox or not? It could be difficult transport wise so we'll have to see.

Edited by WalMan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey dude

Have seen the Alibi down Cheers a few times. I'm playing the Swan tonight and the Fountain very soon. What was it like down the Fountain now its changed hands? Hopefully its all ok.

By the way, i play in Raw Edge www.rawedgeband.co.uk

Rock n Roll!

[quote name='WalMan' post='803749' date='Apr 12 2010, 02:11 PM']A badump for the Swan in Woolston on 16 April. Hope it goes as well as the Fountain last Saturday!! Then two weeks to #2 op[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='817091' date='Apr 24 2010, 11:35 AM']Hey dude

Have seen the Alibi down Cheers a few times. I'm playing the Swan tonight and the Fountain very soon. What was it like down the Fountain now its changed hands? Hopefully its all ok.

By the way, i play in Raw Edge www.rawedgeband.co.uk

Rock n Roll![/quote]
Fountain was shaky for a couple of gigs - money being changed without notice - but words were spoken and last time we were there it all went well. Swan was a bit of a let down last time. Cheers this Friday, though with Damien from Long Way standing in for me after the op on my hand last week. I shall probably go along anyway to see how it [i]should [/i]be done :)

Might pop down. Will look out for a dodgy hand!

[quote name='WalMan' post='826233' date='May 3 2010, 10:04 AM']Fountain was shaky for a couple of gigs - money being changed without notice - but words were spoken and last time we were there it all went well. Swan was a bit of a let down last time. Cheers this Friday, though with Damien from Long Way standing in for me after the op on my hand last week. I shall probably go along anyway to see how it [i]should [/i]be done :)[/quote]

• 1 month later...

....and back to The Fountain, South Street, Chichester this Saturday 26 June.

Thankfully England will be playing Sunday, so that's one crowd sucker out of the way, leaving a boiling hot night. Good for totty in skimpy clothing, but bad with everyone outside all night. Ah well here's hoping.

Might take both L2500's it's just a matter of space to put the one not being used in.

• 1 month later...

In case anyone cares The Alibi gig that was supposed to be at The Red Lion Stubbington tomorrow (6 Aug 2010) is off.

Apparently
[list]
[*]he didn't have it in the diary - cr@p I know I booked it with the previous landlady a year ago,
[*]the previous landlady left the gigs in a mess - did she bollox, she was one of the best prepared people we deal with
[*]he didn't get the posters - again cr@p, I know they get sent regular as clockwork a month in advance
[*]when I spoke to him in May I said "Everything still on?" [i]"Yes"[/i]. "See you in August then" [i]"OK then"[/i] - but he hadn't bothered to check the diary in front of him just said OK - and to cap it all
[*]"the band I had in cancelled earlier in the week and I had to book someone else last minute
[/list]

Why do I have to deal with these @rseholes!!?

Last Saturday we had a great gig at our favourite venue to a good crowd who were well up for it & didn't want us to stop. Landlord was made up with the night, and I was looking forward to one more before the holiday layoff

[color="#FF0000"][size=7]GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!![/size][/color] [url="http://planetsmilies.net"][/url]
[url="http://www.smileyvault.com/"][/url]