Why become a member? ×

Sony CD / iPod Car Head Unit & 4th Generation iPod

as there seem to be a few other car stereos going on here, I'll take the opportunity to add mine.

[b]Sony CD/Radio/iPod head unit £100 + postage[/b]

I bought this head unit a few years ago and it is no longer needed due to buying a new car.

It consists of a sony CD head unit. Silver, flip down fascia, removable in plastic sony case. There is also a module which connects to the multichanger socket on the head unit and allows you to connect an iPod. Once you are connected, you can control the ipod through the head unit, selecting by playlist, song or artist. The head unit supports CD text and displays the name of the song being played. The interface also charges / powers the iPod.

All cables are included to connect up the head unit. (I also have a wiring loom and fascia adaptor from my smart car if anyone is interested in them :) ). The head unit also comes with a remove control.

So you will get:

Head unit / Front fascia / Plastic case for fascia
Metal cage for fitting it + front plastic trim
DIN cable (to control the iPod interface)
'connects2' iPod interface
iPod cable
phone cable (to connect the audio from the interface to the head unit)
Remote control

The whole kit cost me about £200 a few years back and it is in pretty much mint condition. I'm not sure of the model number, but will have a look when I get the chance (its in the loft!). I'll try and get some photos aswell.

[b]20gb iPod 4th generation £50 + postage[/b]
I also have a 20gb iPod click wheel (looks like an iPod classic, but doesnt have a colour screen) which you can have for £50, complete with firewire cable, firewire charger, usb cable & apple iPod dock. iPod is in good condition for a 5 year old iPod. The back is scratched, and the battery doesn't hold it's charge very well, but it's perfect for keeping in the car with the head unit or connected to your hifi with the dock (dock has audio out).

Edited by jim_bass

[quote name='Mike' post='708772' date='Jan 11 2010, 01:15 PM']I'd be really interested - but how can I find out if it will fit a Vectra 2007? They seem difficult to buy aftermarket stereos for as it's quite a big standard stereo.[/quote]

Your best bet is go to halfords. Do you have steering wheel controls & do you still want them to work?

Bascially what you need is a facia plate for your car. An audio harness to take vauxhalls connecter into a standard ISO. Then if you want your steering controls to work you'll also need an SOT lead.

A facia plate is normally about £18 but i'm pretty sure a vectra is a double din so your probably looking at about £50. The audio harness is gonna be £15, then the SOT leads go from £30-£60.

I would get you some exact prices but i'm not back at work until sunday.

If you need any more help just give us a shout.

Jake

Although a Car Stereo is a music playing device - it's not really a musical instrument and thus probably stretching the boundaries of acceptable sales items. I'm gointg to close this and other 'Car Stereo' threads.