Why become a member? ×

Where does it go?

Protium

Guest johnzgerman

would it be ok if i said-what a load of utter sh*te, or would that offend someone because ive only been playing bass for 12 years and cant possibly know what im talking about etc.

These sorts of comments are disgraceful. No one should be allowed to criticise someone else's music unless they're capable of making the same sort of sound.

My cat thinks it's as ugly as a hatful of arseholes, so that's OK then.

Edited by skankdelvar

Guest johnzgerman

[quote name='Conan' post='710096' date='Jan 12 2010, 03:27 PM']I always wondered what it would sound like if every member of a "band" soloed at the same time....

It's like a car crash. Horrible, but somehow I couldn't look away.[/quote]

never mind at the same time, how about in time?

[quote name='51m0n' post='709804' date='Jan 12 2010, 11:04 AM']To be honest I like a lot of pretty hard on the ear 'experimental' stuff, Zorn, Ground Zero etc etc, and I've played a fair bit of 'room clearing' music too (whether or not by design :) ).

As such I feel very definitely in a position to cast judgement over the efforts as represented by this ickle vid - since my taste and experience include stuff along these lines (and way harsher).

My conclusion is it is just poor. Its definitely hiding behind a veil of "we're so complex and on the edge that you couldnt understand, man" but in fact its tedious, uninteresting, uninspiring badly written and as far as I can tell badly played (difficult given the medium to be sure though).

Give me Torture Garden by Naked City any day, that's really amazing entertaining, inspiring and damned fun to listen to. Cairo Chop Shop, Dead Spot and Dead Dredd are three of my all time favourite tracks of all time like (look up [url="http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/album/Torture+Garden/2194056"]Torture Garden on GrooveShark[/url], stick with it though, you will struggle :rolleyes:). N.Y Flat Top Box is hysterical too! Damn I forgot how good Speedfreaks is, funky as hell in places :lol:

JauquoXXXX please go back to the drawing board, its in there somewhere mate, but this isnt it IMO....[/quote]

+1

JauquoXXXX believes because he plays ridiculously low tuned basses that he's somehow pushing the envelope - well even if he is it still sounds sh*t to me - there are so many great 'free' music bands out there (like those you mention) - or this amazing UK band (with no bassist!) called trioVD that I absolutely love - if you want to hear something truly mental (but good) then check them out - especially live

Just MHO

M