Why become a member? ×

Gigskinz Rack Bags, Anyone use one?

Sean

I've been looking at these Gigskinz rack bags.

I think the website photos are pretty inadequate as they really don't show how the things work. Do they have rack fittings inside?

Does anyone on here use these bags and if so are they any good? Are they practical to use as a rack or are they a huge compromise?

I have a small gigskinz bag that I use for my LMK and it's pretty robust.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380194447795&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT[/url]

I use these for the power amps for the pa - crown 602 in each.

Had them about 6 months now and they're still as good as they were when i bought them. really tough and the handles are nice and padded for comfort

I've just bought another one for my incoming hartke lh500.

[quote name='Sean' post='710305' date='Jan 12 2010, 05:33 PM']I've been looking at these Gigskinz rack bags.

I think the website photos are pretty inadequate as they really don't show how the things work. Do they have rack fittings inside?

Does anyone on here use these bags and if so are they any good? Are they practical to use as a rack or are they a huge compromise?

I have a small gigskinz bag that I use for my LMK and it's pretty robust.[/quote]

I use a 2U one for my MB SA450 and couldnt be happier. It seems pretty rugged and the pocket holds all my other gear.
The only thing im not 100% about is the less than full width opening at the back but its not really a problem.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Sean' post='711690' date='Jan 13 2010, 06:17 PM']I found one for £75 delivered and ordered it. Should be here by the weekend.

Is cooling OK with your SA450, Dave?[/quote]

Nice one.
I find my SA450 gets warm but so far no overheating. Done about 15+ gigs with it in the rack throughout the year. Sometimes for up to 3 hours.
Because its not a full 19" there is plenty of room down the side for air flow, even if there is no air coming in from the front.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it. Gigged it twice so far. No issues. Absolutely brilliant piece of kit. Very very robust and our singer (bless her sweet cotton socks and freshly creosoted face) thought it was a tres (read, gay) chic piece of luggage/manbag and asked me where I was staying the night. Really.

My 2U Tech head is mounted in a 2U gig skinz rack bag and I have a gig skinz gig bag that I picked up on t'internet for a good price. They've done umpteen rehearsals and a reasonable number of gigs and are still in good nick. The only criticism I have is that the gig skinz tags on the zip have a tendency to break off, leaving a very short zip, which is fiddly to zip/unzip. I've tried superglueing the tags back on, but it's aactually the metal that has broken, so the repair is short lived.