Why become a member? ×

Sold - subject to seeing the guitar, and me digging it out of storage. ESP LTD Viper 301 - EMG Pickups - 6 string black 'The Damned'

For Sale. My lovely ESP Ltd Viper 301 with two EMG HZ's. This is a superb mahogany set neck SG style guitar - superb sound, great sustain. Very popular guitar with artists, this one has been played and signed by Captain Sensible of The Damned (he only plays ESP Viper 301's). This is black, with an off black signature in fine black marker - it shows up in reflected light as faint yellow. For Non Damned fans, it should polish out.

Captain Sensible played and signed it at the legendary Stourbridge gig about six years ago. £500

Superb condition, no digs, scratches or any marks. probably have 20 hours play in the last 5 years - just a treasured piece in my collection. Unfortunatly, my new 'one in one out' policy means this has to go to make way for a Gretsch. I'm getting old (41) and am after tones that EMG's don't deliver.

Cheers

Mr Marlin

Edited by The Marlin

Hi. The guitar is actually in storage at the moment (stored flat in it's case (case included in the sale) at a steady temperature). I move house in the next three weeks, so I'll rescue it then, and take detailed photos.

Sorry about that. There is not a mark on it, other than The Captains autographe (which I things says 'Cor, what a lovely guitar - Captain Sensible'

Yes, I'd like £500 for it please. May consider swap for Gretsch bass or guitar I'd do both the Steinberger (also listed for sale) and this ESP for £800

Cheers

Mr Marlin

[quote name='The Marlin' post='710322' date='Jan 12 2010, 05:44 PM']For Sale. My lovely ESP Ltd Viper 301 with two EMG HZ's. This is a superb mahogany set neck SG style guitar - superb sound, great sustain. Very popular guitar with artists, this one has been played and signed by Captain Sensible of The Damned (he only plays ESP Viper 301's). This is black, with an off black signature in fine black marker - it shows up in reflected light as faint yellow. For Non Damned fans, it should polish out.

Captain Sensible played and signed it at the legendary Stourbridge gig about six years ago. £500

Superb condition, no digs, scratches or any marks. probably have 20 hours play in the last 5 years - just a treasured piece in my collection. Unfortunatly, my new 'one in one out' policy means this has to go to make way for a Gretsch. I'm getting old (41) and am after tones that EMG's don't deliver.

Cheers

Mr Marlin[/quote]

I sure do. As I said. it's nice and safe in storage, so sorry, but no photos untill I pick it up.
If you get yourself onto google, and type in ESP Viper 301 - (click images), you will see what they look like there. It's black, and mint, save for Captain Sensble's Autograph.

Do not confuse this with the budget end of the LTD line, it's a work away from the Viper 10's, 50's and 200's.

Specification:
ESP LTD Viper 301

Electric Guitar

EMG Powered Viper with neck thru construction!

Black on Black!

ESP enthusiasts know the Viper's features: mahogany body in an offset-waist "batwing" shape, with EMG-HZ H-1 pickups, Tune-O-Matic bridge with stop tailpiece, three-piece mahogany neck set into the body, rosewood fretboard with flag inlays and model name inlaid at 12th fret, Eclipse shaped headstock, and white binding along the neck and headstock.

Made in Korea with 24 jumbo frets. Abalone flag inlays. Mahogany body. Jet black finish. 1 volume, 1 tone knob, and a 3-way selector. Two EMG-HZ-1 passive humbuckers. Basicly, a Viper-400 with passive pickups instead of active.

Specifications:

■Set-Thru
■24.75” Scale
■Mahogany Body
■Mahogany Neck
■Rosewood Fingerboard
■Graphite Nut
■Thin U Neck Contour
■24 Xtra Jumbo Frets
■Black Nickel Hardware
■Gotoh Magnum Lock Tuners
■Gotoh Tune-O-Matic Bridge & Tail
■EMG - HZ -1 Passive Bridge and Neck Pickups
■Finish: BLKS

A superb guitar.

Cheers

Mr Marlin

Edited by The Marlin

[quote name='The Marlin' post='710322' date='Jan 12 2010, 05:44 PM']For Sale. My lovely ESP Ltd Viper 301 with two EMG HZ's. This is a superb mahogany set neck SG style guitar - superb sound, great sustain. Very popular guitar with artists, this one has been played and signed by Captain Sensible of The Damned (he only plays ESP Viper 301's). This is black, with an off black signature in fine black marker - it shows up in reflected light as faint yellow. For Non Damned fans, it should polish out.

Cheers

Mr Marlin[/quote]

Cheers

Mr Marlin[/quote]

• 2 months later...