Why become a member? ×

TRADED++ Yamaha TRB5ii ++TRADED

Pete1967

Esteemed colleagues... I have here a late 90's vintage Yamaha TRB5ii. Now I know that these aren't the most sought after basses, but I've decided to put this baby up for sale or trade because, on recent reflection, I'd like to keep a four in my arsenal. I have another 5 it's way from Jon Shuker in a few weeks time and despite thinking that there wasn't a place for a four in my life - I find there is after all... and I have to admit to a bout of GAS over a couple of basses currently available.

So, it is what it is, I'm sure this audience is already educated! My main bass until last year when my first Shuker arrived. Well played (because it's good) but well looked after. There are a few very minor scratches in the lacquer and one noticible ding (a falling guitar stand, grr...) in the front, but even that is not large. All the electronics and hardware are in perfect condition. The action is low and fast and accurate and it's strung with a recent set of Elites Stadium 45-130. Comes with the original hard case (keys inc) which is in mint condition (because I always used a gig bag) and users manual :rolleyes: The finish is translucent blue as you can see, and I have more pics available if needed.

Sale wise £425 but will most certainly talk about offers. Shipping extra, at cost (guessing £30 in the case), collection from Leeds, or I'd travel an hour or so for a drop off or meet.

Trade wise I'm looking for a jazz (style) four string. Jazz neck and pups or MM/J or maybe just MM. P basses aren't really my thing. Very open to ideas and WHYous so hit me with suggestions. I can add some cash up to a couple of hundred quid (bearing in mind I owe Jon a four figure sum :) ).

Please do PM or post if you want more specifics on either the TRB or trade requirements.

Cheers

P.

Edited by Pete1967

I picked up a TRB6-II on here a couple of weeks ago, and these are fantastic basses! The B-string is as good as anything I've had (including Warwick, Ken Smith and MTD) and the build quality is rock solid. The case is nice too.
The neck pickup is bliss and the sound never thins out even with bass cut on the bridge PU. I just moved on a £3500+ MTD and this is of comparable quality and versatility, with perhaps a more raw and organic tone (due to the big slab of ash). IIRC these were on sale at the Bass Centre for £1099 back in the day, and the Korean made TRB1005 (or 1006!) are not a patch on this.
Think what else you can get bass wise for £425... :)
If I hadn't just found a gem of a Fender USA '75 reissue this would have been winging it's way south... :rolleyes: