Why become a member? ×

Oil City Confidential

Deep Thought

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='714838' date='Jan 16 2010, 02:04 PM']I'm going to see this on the 2nd! New film about Dr.Feelgood, with a live gig by Wilko Johnson! Sounds like a bloody good night out to me.

[url="http://alternative.artsalliancemedia.com/oilcity/cinemas#UK"]http://alternative.artsalliancemedia.com/oilcity/cinemas#UK[/url][/quote]

I am soooo looking forward to this!

[quote name='karlthebassist' post='715179' date='Jan 16 2010, 08:40 PM']My RnB/Soul band's first gig was supporting Wilko Johnson back in the mid 00's. [b]The bass player was a propper scary looking bloke. Had an AWESOME jazz. [/b]Amazing bunch of guys. Would like to see that.[/quote]

Did he look a bit like this? :)

Just asked them to bring the film (at least ) to Cardiff.

You won't be disappointed chaps, if you are Feelgood fans.
I was fortunate enough to go to a preview in October last year at the Corner House cinema in Manchester and really enjoyed it.
The sound quality was very impressive, and it was a treat to see the original line up in full swing.

Cameron

Edited by wayne58

[quote name='Beedster' post='716220' date='Jan 18 2010, 12:02 AM']Awesome, movies about Dury and the Feelgood's in the same month. Wide-scale recognition at last for some real music greats

C[/quote]

Radio too.
Check out 6 music for listen again for the Ian Dury and Blockheads story and gig from '79. broadcast on Saturday last.