Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky UV70.. 5... Opinions..

bubinga5

Went to Guitar Guitar today in Newcastle (which i may add had very friendly and helpful staff) to check out what stock they had in...Spotted a Sadowsky UV70, Black, Maple board 5...Plugged into a Phil Jones amp..first thoughts were what a fxxxxx tone! The slap/pop tone was the best ive ever heard to be fair.....couldnt help thinking the B was a little floppy though, i guess considering its scale this may be forgiven..But its a Sadowsky!!?? My old S5 was sooo much better...Anyone else played one...what did you think of the B string on these babies..

Ive got to say i would forgive this and buy one as i love the look the tone and 70's body size....but at over £2000.00 i would think very carefully..

i wish i still had my RV5!!!! :)

[quote name='bubinga5' post='720415' date='Jan 21 2010, 07:14 PM']Went to Guitar Guitar today in Newcastle (which i may add had very friendly and helpful staff) to check out what stock they had in...Spotted a Sadowsky UV70, Black, Maple board 5...Plugged into a Phil Jones amp..first thoughts were what a fxxxxx tone! The slap/pop tone was the best ive ever heard to be fair.....couldnt help thinking the B was a little floppy though, i guess considering its scale this may be forgiven..But its a Sadowsky!!?? My old S5 was sooo much better...Anyone else played one...what did you think of the B string on these babies..

Ive got to say i would forgive this and buy one as i love the look the tone and 70's body size....but at over £2000.00 i would think very carefully..

i wish i still had my RV5!!!! :)[/quote]

I tried most of the Sadowsky's in there a few months back. I just couldnt get a tone I was happy with....as soon as I picked up the 75 Reissue Fender Jazz, I was happy.

IMO, they are a little overpriced, but they look fantastic and the quality is superb.