Why become a member? ×

Roland GR-20 bass/guitar synth ALL SOLD

steve

In my continuing cull of things I'm not using, I've decided to let this go. I'm looking for a firm £280 + shipping (which is what I paid for it) - they do go for considerably more on ebay. If it doesn't go on here soon I'll probably take the ebay route.

Here's a pic

[attachment=41546:Photo098.jpg]

I have both the bass and the guitar pickups, and am offering ONE for sale with the unit, the other I will sell off after.

So, to clarify, I'm selling the GR-20, 13pin cable and EITHER a GK-3 guitar pickup or a GK-3B bass pickup with mounting hardware for £280. Bargain. It's all everything you need to delve deeply into the world of midi bass (or/and guitar)

The other pickup I will sell for a firm £55+shipping.

I'm happy to provide more pics if needed.

******************sold***********************

Edited by steve

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='730855' date='Jan 31 2010, 05:48 PM']the guitar pickup would be handy for my set up if noone takes it...any pics?[/quote]

you have first dibs on the guitar pickup - I'll get a comprehensive set of pics up first chance I get

Hey Steve

this unit does look fantastic and I'm sure I'll get one in time - the problem is I need it to be a MIDI controller that can connect to my Mac and use it to drive all the soft-synths I have in logic - I don't think this unit on its own can do that? Correct me if I'm wrong but I need to get the GI-20 first - sorry I can't take you up on this well priced offer at the mo - budget won't allow me to get both.

Cheers - and have a bump on me

Mke

Hi Mike

I've connected to my PC via a cheapo usb/midi converter to test for direct note input with Finale Notepad (it was one similar to [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-to-MIDI-Keyboard-Interface-Converter-In-Out-Cable_W0QQitemZ290392453943QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item439cbd3337"]this one[/url]), so it doesn't need an expensive interface, but I've no means of testing it with a Mac

[quote name='steve' post='738197' date='Feb 7 2010, 04:37 PM']Hi Mike

I've connected to my PC via a cheapo usb/midi converter to test for direct note input with Finale Notepad (it was one similar to [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-to-MIDI-Keyboard-Interface-Converter-In-Out-Cable_W0QQitemZ290392453943QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item439cbd3337"]this one[/url]), so it doesn't need an expensive interface, but I've no means of testing it with a Mac[/quote]

thanks for the suggestion Steve but TBH I think the GI-20 is a good piece of kit that will really deliver for the recordings I want to make - though I'm sure this is a great bit of gear as well - if this is still up for sale in a couple of months I may well be interested but please don't wait for me as I simply don't have the dosh right now.

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='urb' post='738201' date='Feb 7 2010, 04:50 PM']thanks for the suggestion Steve but TBH I think the GI-20 is a good piece of kit that will really deliver for the recordings I want to make - though I'm sure this is a great bit of gear as well - if this is still up for sale in a couple of months I may well be interested but please don't wait for me as I simply don't have the dosh right now.

Cheers

Mike[/quote]

No worries Mike, I'm glad we had this convo actually, I'd forgotten about the auto scoring possibilities of the unit.