Why become a member? ×

Jazz-Copy Bass Body and De-Fretted Neck FS/FT...

Right, it pains me to say this but I am an absolute moron when it comes to "having a go" at bass technicalities.
I bought this fretless about a year ago, and have since spent time and money on it and all that seems to have happened is that I've made it look worse and worse.

I bought new black hardware for it, installed it all ok, but managed to shred the screw holes for the control plate. Because it's a such a small unforgiving space there's not a lot of room for new holes to be drilled.
I then had a bash at my own version of "relicing" the headstock with wood stain. You can see the result, not pretty.

But I did sand the neck varnish off pretty well and it now feels smooth as a babies, and I'm sure somebody with some skills could make this into something a bit less tragic.
The neck comes with the tuners and string tree (which only has one screw holding it on!) and I'm after £35 for it posted.

The body comes with the PuPs, I was told they were from a Fender Jazz but not sure of which model, but they work fine and sound pretty good. I'm after £45 for this posted. I can also supply a jazz control plate (with pots and everything) for an additional £5 and a bent-tin bridge for another £5.
You are also welcome to come collect any of this from me in North London and knock a few quid off the price.

I'm also well up for trades on whatever you might have floating around, hit me up and see what floats my boat!
Cheers Y'all... :)

Edited by BassJase

Some matchsticks will most likely fix the holes for the control plate.

That's not the Jaco fretless i (and also Dr. Dave and Moosh) used to own is it? If so, nice bass! Potential bargain too. If it is the one i had then the Pickups and pots are from a USA Jazz, i imported them!

What sort of trades are you looking at?

Hiya Lem, I don't think this was once yours but not entirely sure, some things have a tendency to be floating from various BC people over time!

Yeah it was a pretty nice bass, but my ham-fisted buggering about soon put a stop to that!
Trades wise I'm open to any offers, but what I'm really after is a 3U or 4U shallow rack, or a normal 2U rack. Apart from that, strings are always useful or bass dvd's/cd's/books, I'm pretty easy!