Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR505 *SOLD*

jon_kemo

Another bass going from my collection as its not getting used is this Ibanez SR505. I have tried to get into 5 strings but have failed at several attempts now as I really don't have the use for the 5th string. That being said this is an excellent bass, especially for the money, and is a particularly good one to get into 5's due to the narrow string spacing and thin neck.

Condition wise, this came to me with the damage shown in the pictures. I believe a previous owner was a particularly aggressice pick player! The neck also feels a bit rough in places but is not uncomfortable.

Tonally this bass is incredibly growly, I guess as a result of the woods (mahogany body and bubinga/wenge neck), but is also very versatile with Bartolini Mk1 pickups and 3 band preamp.

As a reflection on the condition of the bass I'm asking for [b][/b]£200[b][/b] and would rather a collection/meet from Lincoln but if postage will secure a deal I'm willing to do it for £230 posted in a Stagg ABS hard case.

Edited by jon_kemo

Aaaargh... Jon, if you'd put this up a couple of weeks back, I'd have jumped on it. No money/space for another bass now the OLP's come in, but good luck with the sale! Jon's a top bloke to deal with -- buy with confidence, people.

BTW, are they the Chromes from my BTB? The extra winding on the post on the B-string suggests they're an extra-long set...

[quote name='Netballman' post='742641' date='Feb 11 2010, 11:16 PM']You're trying to tempt me aren't you! :)

Wood or ABS case?[/quote]

Ha just need a sale! :rolleyes:

Oh and its a Stagg ABS case, couple of logos on it but they can easily be sprayed over.