Why become a member? ×

Marshall 1974x Handwired Combo - traded

[attachment=42542:Marshall_1974x.jpg]

One of these for sale in excellent condition complete with fitted, padded cover and footswitch.

Prefer not to post so local pick up in Harrogate or meet somewhere around Yorkshire.

The Marshall 1974X 18W 1x12 Combo Amp is a handwired reissue of the model 1974, a combo originally produced from 1965 to 1968. Introduced as a practice combo amp in 1965, it wasn't as loud as the terror-inducing heads Marshall was producing, but it could rock, giving up incredible lead and crunch sounds at low volumes. The 1974X combo comes with 2 EL84 tubes in the power amp, 3 ECC83s in the preamp, an EZ81 rectifier tube, and features valve-driven tremolo. A proprietary, aged reissue of the 20W, ceramic magnet Celestion T1221 speaker used in the original adds to the Marshall 1974X's tonal authenticity. Marshall includes a footswitch with your 1974X Combo Amp.

Marshall 1974X Handwired 18W 1x12 Combo Amp Features:

* Handwired reissue of the model 1974
* 18W
* 2 EL84 power tubes
* 3 ECC83 preamp tubes
* EZ81 rectifier tube
* Tube-driven tremolo
* Aged reissue 12" Celestion T1221
[attachment=42541:Marsh_back.jpg]

Edited by Mr Bassman

[quote name='lozbass' post='744606' date='Feb 14 2010, 10:32 AM']A guitar-playing mate of mine has one of these - absolutely outstanding![/quote]

They're amazing for those classic rock / bluesbreaker sounds in a small package.

Might be able to take to London this coming Thursday if any one is interested.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' post='756762' date='Feb 25 2010, 09:17 AM']Have a bump on me.

I have the Ceriatone clone of this (complete with original 20W greenback) and it's my number 1 amp. They sound completely glorious, and are responsive and juicy even at low volumes.[/quote]

They are good amps. So, Toni you are a bass player now?

Chris

[quote name='CS2' post='756817' date='Feb 25 2010, 10:00 AM']They are good amps. So, Toni you are a bass player now?

Chris[/quote]

Hi Chris (quick thread hijack) trying feller, trying. The great thing is that it makes any guitar I pick up now seem tiny and an absolute doddle to get my fingers round. It doesn't mean I play better, but I find playing badly is easier (errr - not sure it's meant to sound like that!).

• 3 months later...