Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Yamaha BB415

Guest MoJo

I first bought this bass after falling in love with it's four string brother, the BB414. It became my main gigging bass for a year or more until I went P-bass mad and struck up a deal with BC's Basswesty in an exchange for a P-bass copy that he had. Some time later I put up the last of my P-basses up for grabs here on BC and Craig (Basswesty) saw it and remembered how much he'd liked it when he came around to mine. A deal was struck and the BB415 came back home.

Now, several months later, I have decided to give up playing fives all together. The music I play doesn't call for the low B and I find the narrower neck on the 414 much more comfortable to play.

So here it is up for grabs once more. It's the Black Pearl 415 as in the picture below (actual pictures to follow)

The only modification that I have made to the bass is to replace the flimsy pick-up selector switch with another volume control so now the bass has a volume-volume-tone setup similar to a Jazz. As it's been my main gigging bass it bears one or two battle scars but nothing significant or that detracts from a very tidy bass.

I'm looking for a measly £125 (these are now close on £300 new). Would prefer collection from my DY3 home address unless the buyer wishes to arrange for collection by their own courier.

Edited by bassman2790