Why become a member? ×

hi from teesside

blackjack

hi everyone thought i would join this forum as i am about to start playing bass guitar. i am mike in a little band (only 3 of us) just starting out just for a hobbie playing covers in pubs etc.. i am currently the harmonica player in the band,conga and tambourine all the tough stuff! we only play accousticly, trying to put our own mark, for better or worse lol, on popular songs. i have also been messing about with a ukulele learning to play simple tunes and obviously chords. so now me and the band have decided it is time for me to learn bass guitar to add another dimension to our 3 piece. i am really committed to learning bass, and as we are an acoustic band i have decided to save my pennies and buy a epiphone viola bass anyone have any thoughts.

Hi blackjack and welcome :)

There is a thriving BC community in your region, of whom wateroftyne and the bassdoc are just two of a cast of stellar good chaps. I'm sure you'll be making some new friends very shortly.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Edited by skankdelvar

Hiya there, I'm just up the road in Guisborough, I play in a church band. Was a 12 string player for many years then the arthritis set in so I've been doing bass for about a year now.

Anyway, welcome along!

Tom.

Edited by tom1946