Why become a member? ×

Washburn XB-120 + hardcase

HoweDy

I will be selling my Washburn XB-120(active) + hardcase, great beginner bass for £115, i am not 100% sure yet on the sale. Selling due to lack of money because i recently bought my Fender Jazz Reissue 75 MIJ and i now need a new hardcase for it as it doesn't fit in the other one :@. The bass itself is in good condition! The only noticeable scratch is shown in the picture of the bridge. and its only a tiny one at that!

If you are generally interested let me know please.

(sorry the pictures aren't great)

carl

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='HoweDy' post='750389' date='Feb 18 2010, 11:48 PM']I will be selling my Washburn XB-120(active) + hardcase, great beginner bass for £115, i am not 100% sure yet on the sale. Selling due to lack of money because i recently bought my Fender Jazz Reissue 75 MIJ and i now need a new hardcase for it as it doesn't fit in the other one :@. The bass itself is in good condition! The only noticeable scratch is shown in the picture of the bridge. and its only a tiny one at that!

If you are generally interested let me know please.

(sorry the pictures aren't great)

carl[/quote]

Hi Carl.

I am interested in your bass if one other I'm looking at doesn't come good. Would you be able to meet halfway, say in South Birmingham? If I remember, your info stated your location as Staffordshire somewhere. Did I read that right? I'm in Gloucestershire. My number is 07950 733046.

Cheers
Jas

[quote name='HoweDy' post='762017' date='Mar 2 2010, 05:37 PM']Pm'd[/quote]

Hi there

Not sure what Pm'd means Carl. I'm new to this. I saw like an instant message pop up, something about your Dad happy to meet in Birmingham. However I can't see how to get that box back again, Sorry!?

That's fine by me anyway. I love Birmingham.

As regards potentially to arranging a meet, I could potentially do THIS Saturday in Birmingham, I guess probably somewhere like outside the Hawthorns [i](West Bromwich's Football ground)[/i] ..... just off Junction 1 of the M5 I think???

I am (obviously) looking to buy a Bass, and yours came up in a search. I can buy brand new one just like it at £160, but [u]without [/u]case, and that [b]does not [/b]include carriage of £10, [i](and I guess you've put some nice strings on too)![/i]

I do not wish to be a nuisance, but as you know, there are loads of others as you know...AND, if I'm in Birmingham anyway, I'll definately have to go in and have a look at some more as comparison to the others I can check out locally.

Perhaps I would be able phone you to confirm I want yours, [i](if you haven't already sold it), [/i]by about 1pm. Would that be enough time or notice to pop down to Birmingham, [color="#0000FF"]or is that a bit cheeky?.[/color]

In any case I will let you know before the weekend about the other bass I've seen, but it's easier if I have your mobile number because I don't always have access to the net.

Just text me on 07950 733046.

Kind Regards
Jas

First of all, Pm'd is short for personal message :) and it may be ok on Saturday I will have to discuss it with my dad. With regards to the 1pm thing, do you mean 1pm on Saturday? If so that'd be a bit too late because I have band practice on Saturday from 11-6 so my dad may struggle to do get to Birmingham and pick me up on time and it would be harsh on him to do that for me. Next Saturday would be better or weekday maybe.

Also the strings that are on it are elixir super lights. They last me a year and serve me well and will need to be replaced in august. They look a bit horrible because the special coating is coming off but there is nothing wrong with them.

In conclusion....:rolleyes: saturdays aren't great, weekdays are easier as my dad works from home self employed. One other thing, We can't arrange to meet on Wednesdays.

My number is 07792914950, could you only text me rather than ring as I am at college most of the day

cheers

Carl