Why become a member? ×

And while I'm in this particular mood and reading BGM ..

xilddx

To quote someone else, it breaks less ground than a plasticene sledgehammer.

Why would you want to be seen traveling with a vile looking thing like that, which has a non-adjustable bridge, loads of string noise, very fiddly tuners, very little low end sound and not even really suitable for stage use! All it means is you are traveling with an extra "bass" that you can't use live. And they say it's aimed at the touring musician and woodshedders??! £579 too! The only tiny advantage and its USP is that it's a little bit acoustic. Would [u][i]you[/i][/u] want to be a shareholder? :)

Travel with a Steinberger or a Hohner headless for heaven's sake. Basses which are designed properly, are even smaller and have a great sound for recording or on stage.

You'd need to be a village idiot to buy this thing. And BGM give it four out of five stars for Value For Money!! Astonishing.

Edited by silddx

On a bit of role aren't you silddx? :) :rolleyes: :lol:

I haven't seen the new BGM but I think I know what bass you are referring to. Personally I agree, why not buy a Steiny or Hohner headless, they don't get much smaller and they are very good instruments. £579 is very pricey considering what you can get a B2A for second hand.

I really like BGM but I get annoyed at the fact that [i]every[/i] bass they review is given 4 or 5 stars.

I have a Hohner B2A for travelling and it's great. It also doubles up as my back-up bass, taking up hardly any space at all!

[quote name='elom' post='752445' date='Feb 21 2010, 01:35 AM']I really like BGM but I get annoyed at the fact that [i]every[/i] bass they review is given 4 or 5 stars.

I have a Hohner B2A for travelling and it's great. It also doubles up as my back-up bass, taking up hardly any space at all![/quote]
he who pays the piper...and all that stuff....
(my comment gets 5* review)