Why become a member? ×

Yay, "Sid" is back!

Clarky

I have just bought back my old CIJ Ramones/Pistols/Clash-alike bass "Sid", which has changed hands a couple of times on BC. This was the bass that I played on my band's album and on most of our early gigs so it has sentimental value to me - it also plays really smoothly, is hugely punchy live (helped by the Wizard Stealth 51 pickup), and is a perfect substitute for my more-valuable 72 Precision when playing earthier venues.

I have taken the liberty of showing a couple of photos below that were taken by jonthebass after he bought Sid from me (I sold it with a SD Quarter Pounder p/u which you can see here, Jon later replaced with the Wizard p/u) - hope that's OK Jon?

[attachment=43678:SidFullFront.jpg][attachment=43677:SidBodyFront.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

I love the Sid look on a P-bass. Out of interest (and don't feel you have to answer) did you make or lose money from selling it on / buying it back? Thankfully I've never sold anything on that I've missed so much I've wanted it back enough to buy it again... come close a couple of times though.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='759182' date='Feb 27 2010, 03:24 PM']I love the Sid look on a P-bass. Out of interest (and don't feel you have to answer) did you make or lose money from selling it on / buying it back? Thankfully I've never sold anything on that I've missed so much I've wanted it back enough to buy it again... come close a couple of times though.[/quote]
I think I paid within a tenner of what I sold it for - thats the beauty of trading older basses, you don't take the massive depreciation hit you do when selling on a new bass (and boy have I done that a few times, having sold on several 2009 Fenders last year)

[quote name='endorka' post='759508' date='Feb 27 2010, 11:08 PM']Awesome. Is that flatwounds on it?

Jennifer[/quote]
TI Flats when I sold it and when I bought it back - but just swapped them over this afternoon for La Bella Flats (bigger gauge 45-105) for more beefiness!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='760028' date='Feb 28 2010, 07:05 PM']Looks great !!

It seems to me like both pictures show the bass with the same p/ups..or am I being very dense?[/quote]
Both pics were taken immediately after I sold it to jon, so they have the old SD Quarter Pounder pickup in.

[quote name='Clarky' post='759148' date='Feb 27 2010, 02:38 PM']I have just bought back my old CIJ Ramones/Pistols/Clash-alike bass "Sid", which has changed hands a couple of times on BC. This was the bass that I played on my band's album and on most of our early gigs so it has sentimental value to me - it also plays really smoothly, is hugely punchy live (helped by the Wizard Stealth 51 pickup), and is a perfect substitute for my more-valuable 72 Precision when playing earthier venues.

I have taken the liberty of showing a couple of photos below that were taken by jonthebass after he bought Sid from me (I sold it with a SD Quarter Pounder p/u which you can see here, Jon later replaced with the Wizard p/u) - hope that's OK Jon?

[attachment=43678:SidFullFront.jpg][attachment=43677:SidBodyFront.jpg][/quote]

No worries Clarky.
I miss Sid dearly but wish you both the best - keep it for goodness sake!
What a bass :)

ATB,
JTB