Why become a member? ×

*ON HOLD* FT/FT Brice HXB406 Bubinga (6 string) w/ EMG 45Hz pups

ThomBassmonkey

I should just say that the pickups aren't actually installed, it's from a project I meant to start up a while ago and just never got around to.

Taken from Rondo Music's site:

# A slim line, dual cutaway, contoured solid Alder body with headstock that matches the finish
# Long scale neck (35") increases string tension and helps eliminate the "floppy" low B string.
# Highly figured Bubinga finish
# String-thru-bridge design for maximum attack and sustain
# Active pickups with active/passive pull tap, bass, treble, balance and volume controls
# Separate battery compartment lets you change batteries quickly
# Bolt on Maple neck with adjustable double trus rod and 6-bolts for incredible stability
# Rosewood fretboard with 24 jumbo frets and Abalone position makers
# Fretless version features position markers on side of neck - There are no fret lines
# Note: Fret position markers are located in the same place as a fretted bass - not where frets would normally go (Much like the Steinberg XS bass)
# All black die-cast hardware creates an incredible look
# Width of the neck at the nut: 2 1/8" at the 24st fret: 3 1/4" Thickness at the first fret 7/8"
# String Gauges are .029, .045, 065, .085, .105, .128
# Overall length: 44 1/2" not including the strap button. Width at widest point is 12 3/4"
# Pickup dimensions 1 3/8" x 4 3/8"
# String spacing is 16mm at the bridge
# Actual Weight is only lbs 8.5 lbs

There's a couple of marks near the output jack and another on the headstock, none are serious though. They're all shown in these pics.

Haromy Central reviews: [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric%20Bass/product/Brice/HXB-406/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...ce/HXB-406/10/1[/url]

Pickups:
* Logo Color: Silver
* Inductance (Henries): 3.62
* DC Resistance (KOhm): 11
* Resonant Frequency Hz (1): 2400
* Resonant Frequency Hz (2): 4050
* Impedance @ Resonance (KOhm): 54.5
* Recommended String Width: 3.75 inches (6-string)

One of the pups is still in the cellophane, the other has been opened but never used.

Total cost new was £330 so I'm looking for £200 cash or possibly will swap for a 5/6 string bass (Squier Jazz, Rockbass, WHY?) or trade + money from me towards a GK 210RBH. Would also consider other cabs as a direct trade. I'm not into buying blind any more, so any trades would have to be Midlands area (distance depends on what's on offer). I may split the pups and the bass, but I'd want a definite buyer for the pups before I'd sell the bass on it's own. Would also trade for certain FX if you have something that takes my fancy, particularly rack comperssors or multi FXs.

Thom

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

Evening bump to say that I might be interested in FX too, specifically rack compressors and multiFX.

If I was going to split, I'd be looking at about £120 for the bass and £40 each for the pups, won't sell the bass first though, as stated. :)

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

I've not got much to trade in terms of bass gear, other than a Peavey bass head an an Ashdown cab. Unless you'd be interested in an Ibanez 6 string guitar?

If I can move some of the stuff I'd be up for a straight sale.

Edited by thedonutman

I just fancy a change of gear to keep things fresh so I'm looking at pretty much anything bass gear wise. Basses (pref 5+ string), cabs (pref 2x10), FX (comp) etc. Though I have my preferences, I'll take a look at anything. :) Makes more sense to have something new to play with than this which sits around watching me play my BTB.

I'm not really looking for guitars I'm afraid Donut, sorry mate. :rolleyes: Got too many already and I don't even play guitar in a band.