Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

Today's gig, I'm on the left playing my shiny new mandocello, our new bass player on the right. He's actually very good - better than me. But I'm still playing bass elsewhere, and enjoying the change today on rhythm and backing vocals.

Image.jpeg

Edited by Rosie C
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

A fairly quiet one at a social club on the outskirts of Huddersfield last night, a bit of a come down after last weeks bikers rally. Our singist really had to work it to get them up an running and even more to keep em up. Still nowt wrong with the odd paid practice. First outing with the new Sandberg Lionel, didn’t have chance to change the stock strings to my short scale slinkies but they did the job. Amazing how much difference they can make the sound on identical basses in a gig setting…first time I’ve done a direct comparison at a gig.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, scalpy said:

P*ssed myself laughing when the band on before us started Freebird

I love Skynyrd but Freebird is a long long way from my favorite track. With suoer talented guitarists like Skynyrd's, it is OK but any mere mortal axeman cannot do it justice.

• Like 2

A bit late here, but on Saturday we played a cancellation at The Chadwell Arms in Grays. A slow night, but we played well and added a couple of new songs to the setlist which went down well. The landlord/lady had a good chat with us after and told us how much they love having us down. They’re increasingly frustrated with the low numbers (was relieved to hear that it’s not an ‘us’ thing 😀).

Despite the turnout, the punters had a good time, and wanted an encore to our encore, so we were pleased with our night’s work.

• Like 10