Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

Bastile Days this Friday night. Bastile Days is one of Milwaukee's largest 3 day multi stage festivals.

It's the first time we've played to a large night time crowd on the east side of Milwaukee.  We have to be good.

Here's the line up. I don't know how we got headliner status.

Bastile Days
Milwaukee 
7/12
Beaux Art Stage
11:45am Tribal Belly Dance
1:15 Chris Pipkins
2:45 The Incorruptibles 
6:00 Rebecca & The Grey Notes
9:15 Maple Road

Daryl

FB_IMG_1720075226898.jpg

download-7 (1).jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

Bastile Days this Friday night. Bastile Days is one of Milwaukee's largest 3 day multi stage festivals.

It's the first time we've played to a large night time crowd on the east side of Milwaukee.  We have to be good.

Bastile Days
Milwaukee 
7/12
Beaux Art Stage

Daryl

FB_IMG_1720075226898.jpg

download-7 (1).jpg

Star billing there Daryl. Nice one sir. Looks like a great venue and show.

Dave

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

Bastile Days
Milwaukee 
7/12
Beaux Art Stage

Daryl

FB_IMG_1720075226898.jpg

download-7 (1).jpg

Looks great.... enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Only 3 gigs this weekend, one busy Bandeoke, one quiet Bandeoke, one freezing outside gig.

10 new songs for the Bandeoke gigs, of which only four got chosen but hey ho, I now have them all.  The originals band is fun because I busk off chord charts which equates to two hours of improvisation, way more fun than trying to remember!

• Like 9

Not had a gig in ages. Rehearsal got cancelled at weekend too.

Got a biker rally on Sat night tho but its a 4hr drive each way. Nightmare drive home but thankfully my wife is coming along and can share the driving.

One of those gigs where the fee barely covers the fuel.

Dave

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Played our now monthly gig at the wonderful Sun Inn in Beverley. ( Milestone acoustic duo)

It was Armed Forces day in the town, so instead of the usual acoustic guitarist who plays

before us, they had booked a female singer ( with tracks) to do some wartime songs -
Vera Lynn / swing stuff. Unfortunately this didn’t appear to be what the regulars wanted, so 

by the time we arrived to set up (an hour later than usual) most of them had departed.

Anyway, we cracked on with our usual request format, and did 3x40 min sets. Had some 

great requests, including one from a couple who had just got engaged and asked for

’Stuck in the middle’ which got a laugh. Hardest songs of the day ( for me ) were a 

fast version of swing standard ‘Cheek to cheek’, (so many chords!) and then also a

request for some Mark Knopfler stuff, so we played ‘Why worry’, which is a beautiful 

song written with the Everly Brothers in mind. It has a tricky count in a few places, but

we managed it okay and you could have heard a pin drop in the room. Finished the 

gig with a singalong during Bowie’s ‘Starman’, the audience helping out with the ‘na-nas’

on the outro. Had a couple of booking enquiries after we’d played, so still a useful gig! 

• Like 18

8 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Star billing there Daryl. Nice one sir. Looks like a great venue and show.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Everything looks good . Who knows what surprises we might be in for.

Daryl

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Not had a gig in ages. Rehearsal got cancelled at weekend too.

Got a biker rally on Sat night tho but its a 4hr drive each way. Nightmare drive home but thankfully my wife is coming along and can share the driving.

One of those gigs where the fee barely covers the fuel.

Dave

Dave,

We have that 9:15 star billing for Bastille Days Friday night. We have an afternoon gig at The Ziegler Winery on Saturday.  It's a 2 hour drive one way. 

Daryl

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Thanks Dave,

Everything looks good . Who knows what surprises we might be in for.

Daryl

Confidence Daryl, you'll smash this one, its what you guys do.

Dave

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

TITG by any chance at end of Aug ?

Dave

More local, Stormin the Castle. Main stage Saturday night, the slot just before the headliner “Phil Campbell & the Ba$tard Sons” 😎

• Like 5

On 08/07/2024 at 12:18, Woodinblack said:

As he said, like a zip code, but more splittable - the first block of the postcode so shows an area of the country (the full postcode shows the street or side of the street).

So if you go to google and type CV22 in the uk, it will show you a little blob on the map that it covers

Strictly, CV22 is an 'Outward Postcode' designating the sorting office where the mail is sent. The final part, often separated by a space, with the typical format 1AA, is the 'inward code', typically up to about 50 addresses.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Cool, my zip code is 53095. I'm not sure what that brings up on Google. 

Daryl

The County of West Bend? Near Milwaukee, home of Schlitz Beer and Laverne and Shirley 🙂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JPJ said:

More local, Stormin the Castle. Main stage Saturday night, the slot just before the headliner “Phil Campbell & the Ba$tard Sons” 😎

Nice one, should be a good night then.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JPJ said:

The Bastards are brilliant. Shame it's not nearer to South Wales 😞

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

The County of West Bend? Near Milwaukee, home of Schlitz Beer and Laverne and Shirley 🙂

Yes , but actually it's the City of West Bend WI. Washington County 20 minutes north of Milwaukee. 

Also home of  Happy Days and The Fonz.

Daryl

FB_IMG_1720557314609.jpg

Edited by Bluewine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

Yes , but actually it's the City of West Bend WI. Washington County 20 minutes north of Milwaukee. 

Also home of  Happy Days and The Fonz.

Daryl

FB_IMG_1720557314609.jpg

Watched a clip from Happy Days yesterday where Sam from Cheers was in it as a young adult. :biggrin:

Dave

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

I hope so Dave. We have The Ziegler Winery the next day. I'll probably get home from Bastille Days gig at 1:00am and get to sleep at 4:00. I'll be operating on very little sleep.

Daryl

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/ebxAbmRdN6ZBJUYg/?mibextid=qi2Omg

FB_IMG_1720558532844.jpg

Get home at 1am and have a hot milky drink. We have Horlicks over here (kind of malt hot milky drink) not sure you get that in US but i normally have a coffee with milk and a biscuit and then bed within 15mins after the coffee. The caffeine takes 20-30mins to have an effect on you so get to sleep before it hits. 

You'll be right as rain the next day. Drink some Lucozade Sport in the morning with your porridge to give you a wee lift for the day. :laugh1:

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Get home at 1am and have a hot milky drink. We have Horlicks over here (kind of malt hot milky drink) not 

You'll be right as rain the next day. Drink some Lucozade Sport in the morning with your porridge to give you a wee lift for the day. :laugh1:

Dave

I thought porridge was fictional. I remember reading about it as a kid. I think it was referenced in The Three Little Bears.lol

Daryl 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Bluewine said:

I thought porridge was fictional. I remember reading about it as a kid. I think it was referenced in The Three Little Bears.lol

Daryl 

Its what makes us Scots a hardy race. Scotts porridge oats is the traditional favourite over here but there are other makes nowadays. My Father in Law is 86 and has porridge every morning for breakfast. He makes it the old traditional way in a large pot but you now get the microwave porridge in different flavours too. Just add milk and pop in the microwave for 2-3mins and its pretty tasty and quick. I like a little cold milk on top once cooked.

I enjoy porridge once or twice a week for breakie. It keeps the hunger away for most of the day too.

Dave

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluewine said:

I think Suzie Quatro had a reoccurring role on Happy Days.

Daryl

I stand corrected it wasn't Ted Danson from Cheers but a guy called Ted McGinley who looked very similar to Danson in the early days.

Leather Tuscadero was her character. I remember it well.

Tom Hanks also played a part in one episode when he was very young. Think he was trying to kill Fonzie for some reason. ?

Robin Williams as Mork was also in it.

image.png.5a241715cbb88236d4692f76940f1293.png

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Its what makes us Scots a hardy race. Scotts porridge oats is the traditional favourite over here but there are other makes nowadays. My Father in Law is 86 and has porridge every morning for breakfast. He makes it the old traditional way in a large pot but you now get the microwave porridge in different flavours too. Just add milk and pop in the microwave for 2-3mins and its pretty tasty and quick. I like a little cold milk on top once cooked.

I enjoy porridge once or twice a week for breakie. It keeps the hunger away for most of the day too.

Dave

Sounds good. I'm going to make some very soon.

Daryl

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Daryl 

It puts hairs on your sporran!

• Haha 2