Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

16 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Its what makes us Scots a hardy race. Scotts porridge oats is the traditional favourite over here but there are other makes nowadays. My Father in Law is 86 and has porridge every morning for breakfast. He makes it the old traditional way in a large pot but you now get the microwave porridge in different flavours too. Just add milk and pop in the microwave for 2-3mins and its pretty tasty and quick. I like a little cold milk on top once cooked.

I enjoy porridge once or twice a week for breakie. It keeps the hunger away for most of the day too.

Dave

Oats.... 'a grain which in England is generally given to horses but in Scotland supports the people'. 

Edited by Boodang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/07/2024 at 07:34, dmccombe7 said:

Its what makes us Scots a hardy race. Scotts porridge oats is the traditional favourite over here but there are other makes nowadays. My Father in Law is 86 and has porridge every morning for breakfast. He makes it the old traditional way in a large pot but you now get the microwave porridge in different flavours too. Just add milk and pop in the microwave for 2-3mins and its pretty tasty and quick. I like a little cold milk on top once cooked.

I enjoy porridge once or twice a week for breakie. It keeps the hunger away for most of the day too.

Dave

Sassenach porridge!

All you need is oats, water and a pinch of salt. 🤤

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Boodang said:

Oats.... 'a grain which in England is generally given to horses but in Scotland supports the people'. 

We are a poor people. We eat what we can find. :biggrin:

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, neepheid said:

Oh yeah, and we all look as handsome and are as strong as the guy on the box.

That's because you eat your porridge oats every morning...! 

• Haha 2

On 10/07/2024 at 07:42, dmccombe7 said:

I stand corrected it wasn't Ted Danson from Cheers but a guy called Ted McGinley who looked very similar to Danson in the early days.

Leather Tuscadero was her character. I remember it well.

Tom Hanks also played a part in one episode when he was very young. Think he was trying to kill Fonzie for some reason. ?

Robin Williams as Mork was also in it.

image.png.5a241715cbb88236d4692f76940f1293.png

Mork and Mindy was a Happy Days spin-off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, asingardenof said:

Mork and Mindy was a Happy Days spin-off.

Cheers for that i had no idea. Mork and Mindy was a cracking series. Robin Williams at his very best.

Dave

• Like 1

4 hours ago, asingardenof said:

And Joanie Loves Chachi

That one was rubbish. Not a fan of this at all. To be honest i never really liked Chachi in Happy Days either.

Dave