Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

2 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

The real question is why do phones with SQUARE sensors force you to shoot portrait when holding the phone in a comfortable orientation?

Actual reason is Facebook live has stopped allowing landscape video 😞

This is all way above my head. I'm one of the thicko's that just shoot in portrait until someone explains it all to me.

I have no idea what SQUARE sensors are. ?

I'm on my first smart phone.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

57 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

image.png.2c4d8d35e371159ce55a79e75aff164d.png

@dmccombe7 Most decent phones these days have a square sensor, but they rarely let you film square video. Most detect which way up the phone is and give landscape or portrait.

In the last several months or more, Farcebook decided that 'live' video has to be prortrait so people watch it on their phone.

• Thanks 1

On 16/09/2024 at 07:56, gafbass02 said:

Bit random. There was a bunch of Americans and an old guy getting into us. Halfway through the old guy steps up and thrusts a number into my hand and says, “You’re incredible, the best bass player I’ve ever seen, I want you on my new album, call me.” 
It was the guitarist from Mott the Hoople. 
random

Sounds like what my band should use as a name. A Bunch Of Americans & An Old Guy. Lol

Daryl

Edited by Bluewine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Gasman said:

Mustang Sally were booked in the George pub, Mere in Wiltshire again (well, three of the band do live there) and it was Carnival night once more on the Saturday just gone.  The roads through the centre are closed at 18:00 to protect the crowds on the street and let the floats lumber their way through to the parade starting-point. Very sensible of course, but for me living nearly 50 miles away it meant leaving home at 16:45 and even then only just getting through the barricades with two  minutes to spare. Setting up in the pub was very relaxed as our first set was only due to start at the end of the parade (about 20:30), so sound-checks were actually possible. Unfortunately those checks were early doors in a quiet corner of the main bar that later filled to bursting point with a crazy scrum of singing, dancing and somewhat leathered punters, so my sax set ended up with my lungs turned up to 11 even with the radio mic - see video...

Time went quickly, we managed to finish at exactly 23:00 as per the pub’s licence, the landlord immediately booked us for the same gig next year and I was actually home by 00:30, happy to slurp a post-match cup of tea, but not so impressed with the sturdy welcome-home present my cat had left for me in his litter box…

Sounds great and the place looks packed.

Daryl

• Like 1

Fancy gig this Thursday night for Maple Road. My concern is, I'm not sure we're a match for this type of affair. 

Daryl

"We are just two days away from a joyous night curated in the name of culture and creativity: the THELMA Fundraiser for the Arts. 

Don't miss out as we celebrate the arts with live music from Maple Road Blues Band, delicious appetizers from The Cellar District, and decadent desserts from Bryanna's Bakery, along with live and silent auctions for some amazing baskets, cash raffle with a top prize of $2,000, and more! We can't wait to see you all there💛"

Tickets: https://ci.ovationtix.com/36819/production/1207574
Silent Auction: https://app.galabid.com/thelma24/categories

FB_IMG_1726532546006.jpg

FB_IMG_1726280673479.jpg

Edited by Bluewine
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Fancy gig this Thursday night for Maple Road. My concern is, I'm not sure we're a match for this type of affair. 

Daryl

"We are just two days away from a joyous night curated in the name of culture and creativity: the THELMA Fundraiser for the Arts. 

Don't miss out as we celebrate the arts with live music from Maple Road Blues Band, delicious appetizers from The Cellar District, and decadent desserts from Bryanna's Bakery, along with live and silent auctions for some amazing baskets, cash raffle with a top prize of $2,000, and more! We can't wait to see you all there💛"

FB_IMG_1726532546006.jpg

FB_IMG_1726280673479.jpg

You will be great....:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dclaassen said:

You will be great....:)

Thanks ,

We're using a dep drummer.  Actually our old drummer.  He's one of these guys you don't have to tell anything.  He's got a good 50 years of playing behind him. He just gets behind his kit and goes into automatic groove mode.

Daryl

Edited by Bluewine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

100% this.

I personally think you will be a great match for this fundraiser. Great musicians, easy to listen to vocalist. What's not to enjoy.

Enjoy and have fun with it Daryl. @Bluewine.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I hope I can get some decent pics to share.

Daryl

Way off topic. These guys will probably visiting you guys soon. They are making a lot of noise and getting a lot of attention over here.

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/PCaqTbMU1oF5YJXV/?mibextid=xfxF2i

Edited by Bluewine
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Daryl

FB_IMG_1726532546006.jpg

FB_IMG_1726280673479.jpg

I'd love to be there, bit far, but I know you'll knock it out the park (to use a North Americanism :))

Good luck

Rob

• Thanks 1

On 15/09/2024 at 20:51, Stub Mandrel said:

Our dep drummer was running a bit fast all night and it took away some of the groove.

Sounds great but defo not too fast. Original is 152 bpm and you guys were around 140. Nice mix, can you have a word with our guitarist who does our sound. He seems to hate bass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrtcat said:

Nice mix, can you have a word with our guitarist who does our sound. He seems to hate bass.

Thanks, it was only the second time our vocalist has unleashed the capabilities of his new mixer, and a house PA as well! Basically he did the full 'sound out with white noise' then used presets. Drums were just kick and snare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Thanks Dave,

I hope I can get some decent pics to share.

Daryl

Way off topic. These guys will probably visiting you guys soon. They are making a lot of noise and getting a lot of attention over here.

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/PCaqTbMU1oF5YJXV/?mibextid=xfxF2i

They sound great Daryl, will keep an eye out for them.

Might check them out more on Youtube and possibly buy a CD if available.

Dave

• Like 1

Gig last Saturday at a festival called Nashville Days in Swinford, Leicester. Headliner was Luke Combs UK Tribute and we were one of the support bands. Decent crowd, it was a ticketed event and had sold out so they were all up for it. The sound on stage was a bit meh as we were in a marquee but as backline was provided it was an easy set up. My Mike Lull P4 did the business as usual, not sure what make the rig was but it sounded ok. Some ladies did some line dancing while we were playing which added to the atmosphere, particularly when we played one of our own songs called 'End of the Line'

FB_IMG_1726687598348.thumb.jpg.ca7e0154a0b6d2e2fb7e898ae1df8852.jpg

FB_IMG_1726686531849.thumb.jpg.0764299ec34c7bb957248dd22771c270.jpg

Edited by ricksterphil
  • Like 6