Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

3 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Last night with Emergency Exit punk covers band in a regular venue for us in The Cave in Paisley.

Sex Pistols were playing in Glasgow so most of our regulars were there but it turned out to be reasonably busy which was a big surprise for us. Few mistakes made as we wind the band down this year. 

It was a good gig tho and we did get asked for several encores.

Lack of interest within the band after many many years together. 

No ill feeling about it but we've decided it might be best to just take a break and see how everyone feels in New Year. Not sure if it will come together again tho.

Auditioning with another band on Thu night doing 80's rock so will see how that goes. Its not so much an audition as more to see if i fancy doing it. I know the singers and guitarist.

Dave 

Hi Dave,

Can you tell us more about the 80s band you're auditioning for. Established, new band, local to you ect. What's  the audition format? Age of the band members. What songs will you play at the audition? Do you know these guys?

I don't mean to be nosey, I've always been interested in how bands conduct auditions .

I think you would be a great match and asset to any top notch 80s rock band.

Daryl

Edited by Bluewine
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Last night with Emergency Exit punk covers band in a regular venue for us in The Cave in Paisley.

Sex Pistols were playing in Glasgow so most of our regulars were there but it turned out to be reasonably busy which was a big surprise for us. Few mistakes made as we wind the band down this year. 

It was a good gig tho and we did get asked for several encores.

Lack of interest within the band after many many years together. 

No ill feeling about it but we've decided it might be best to just take a break and see how everyone feels in New Year. Not sure if it will come together again tho.

Auditioning with another band on Thu night doing 80's rock so will see how that goes. Its not so much an audition as more to see if i fancy doing it. I know the singers and guitarist.

Dave 

Good luck with the new project Dave. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluewine said:

Hi Dave,

Can you tell us more about the 80s band you're auditioning for. Established, new band, local to you ect. What's  the audition format? Age of the band members. What songs will you play at the audition? Do you know these guys?

I don't mean to be nosey, I've always been interested in how bands conduct auditions .

I think you would be a great match and asset to any top notch 80s rock band.

Daryl

Hi Daryl, not nosey at all. Nice to be asked. :hi:

Its the singer and guitarist from my Glam covers band along with a female singer that supported the Glam band in one of the clubs. She also works with the singer doing solo stuff with backing tracks. The drummer is from the guitarists old band.

I was originally first choice when they started this project but they didn't want to ask because i was committed to two bands already.

Their current bassist isn't pulling his weight and not learning the songs correctly as far as i know.

Its basically a new start band with only 14 songs so far with about half still to be perfected as mentioned above.

Singer is early 50's, guitarist is circa 60 i think, female singer is a good bit younger but has a cracking voice with a great range. I won't be sexist and comment on her good looks :biggrin:

Drummer and guitarist are from Perth area which is about 70 miles from me, singers are approx 20-30 miles away. I think they have a keys player but not sure what's happening there.

With their existing bassist not doing so great with the songs and they knew about my punk band slipping away they decided to ask if i was interested. They asked me to pick 6 of their songs and work on them for Thu night when they rehearse. Having looked at all 14 songs i should manage to get most if not all done for the rehearsal. Its not so much an audition as more to see if it will suit me and i'm ok doing these kind of songs.

They intend doing the clubs we do with the Glam band so better paid than pubs / bars.

Songs are Whitesnake, Cher, Ozzy, Alice Cooper, Poison, Bryan Adams, Heart, Guns & Roses, Bon Jovi.

Hope that answers everything you asked Daryl but if not just fire away, i'm always happy to talk on BC.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, martthebass said:

Good luck with the new project Dave. 

Cheers Mart, should be fun altho i'm not 100% sure i want all the extra work to get another band up to speed but i'll see how it goes.

I don't want to see the punk band fold and be left with just the Glam band as they don't play every month except near Xmas as you'll know its 2 nights every weekend in Dec thru Hogmanay but Glam is just great fun.

Rock is more my background in music. Love the Ozzy song they do Shot In The Dark. That's more my kind of rock rather than the soppy Heart and Whitesnake songs they want to do :biggrin:

At 14 songs they still have a lot to do for a gig they have in Feb. 

Cheers for the good wishes, very much appreciated Mart.

Dave

• Like 1

6 hours ago, urbanx said:

Metal stage at Baldock: 

Tent at the bottom of a beer garden - is what it is. 

Well received though, we're not that 'metal' and I think we were a welcome interlude. 461007960_10169162882185257_1326957112932979019_n.thumb.jpg.762ddf6b53ab3c85fe8784897331afdc.jpg

460726942_538221635248368_6049516227554478343_n.thumb.jpg.1c6634989c22126b86ec939ce358628c.jpg

Where did that hair come from in the 2nd pic. :laugh1:

Cracking action pic. Nice one.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

12 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Cheers Mart, should be fun altho i'm not 100% sure i want all the extra work to get another band up to speed but i'll see how it goes.

I don't want to see the punk band fold and be left with just the Glam band as they don't play every month except near Xmas as you'll know its 2 nights every weekend in Dec thru Hogmanay but Glam is just great fun.

Rock is more my background in music. Love the Ozzy song they do Shot In The Dark. That's more my kind of rock rather than the soppy Heart and Whitesnake songs they want to do :biggrin:

At 14 songs they still have a lot to do for a gig they have in Feb. 

Cheers for the good wishes, very much appreciated Mart.

Dave

Sounds like fun mate, think you might need one of these…..IMG_1684.thumb.jpeg.781fe3aadf38d306f3ded99226f1d41c.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Hi Daryl, not nosey at all. Nice to be asked. :hi:

Its the singer and guitarist from my Glam covers band along with a female singer that supported the Glam band in one of the clubs. She also works with the singer doing solo stuff with backing tracks. The drummer is from the guitarists old band.

I was originally first choice when they started this project but they didn't want to ask because i was committed to two bands already.

Their current bassist isn't pulling his weight and not learning the songs correctly as far as i know.

Its basically a new start band with only 14 songs so far with about half still to be perfected as mentioned above.

Singer is early 50's, guitarist is circa 60 i think, female singer is a good bit younger but has a cracking voice with a great range. I won't be sexist and comment on her good looks :biggrin:

Drummer and guitarist are from Perth area which is about 70 miles from me, singers are approx 20-30 miles away. I think they have a keys player but not sure what's happening there.

With their existing bassist not doing so great with the songs and they knew about my punk band slipping away they decided to ask if i was interested. They asked me to pick 6 of their songs and work on them for Thu night when they rehearse. Having looked at all 14 songs i should manage to get most if not all done for the rehearsal. Its not so much an audition as more to see if it will suit me and i'm ok doing these kind of songs.

They intend doing the clubs we do with the Glam band so better paid than pubs / bars.

Songs are Whitesnake, Cher, Ozzy, Alice Cooper, Poison, Bryan Adams, Heart, Guns & Roses, Bon Jovi.

Hope that answers everything you asked Daryl but if not just fire away, i'm always happy to talk on BC.

Dave

Sounds great Dave,

It sounds like a done deal to me.Playing 80s rock would be fun for me.

Keep us updated.👍

Daryl

Edited by Bluewine