Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

2 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

We have had discussions about these sort of things before, like weddings of 'friends of the band' - I am happy to do a wedding for a friend of the band for normal gig money, rather than wedding money, but 'friends of the band' tend to be friends of the singer and guitarist, sometimes the drummer, and rarely mine. If they were mine, then yes, I would be happy to do it free. If they want to do a free gig for someone, I am perfectly happy to take their cut of the fee out of what we are charging, leaving mine.

I'm same. If its for a friend of mine i won't take my cut but i expect the others to get their fair share of the fee. I also expect the others in the band to  do the same. I think both my bands tend to agree on this.

We have done freebies for band members birthdays kind of thing even tho i never bother celebrating my own birthdays but i'm sort of ok with that.

We've also done freebies for a guy that lets us use his 8 bedroom holiday home with large function room and pool area for free. He seven supplies all food usually BBQ grub so its usually a great day / night out and only 25mins from my house.

Dave

23 hours ago, walshy said:

Gig last night at Whittles - Tokyo in Oldham with Sons of Nirvana. It was mighty!!!! The RD Artist is an amazing beast, even managed the 2 hours no bother with the incredible Pinegrove strap. The Ripper was a standby and is equally awesome, I do own 4! The Hiwatt and Barefaced 610 combination is just sublime!

IMG_2459.jpeg

I had a RD artist when they first came out…awesome tone beast!

• Like 1

On 29/09/2024 at 13:52, Cliff Edge said:

Thanks for the good wishes. I’ve had all the take it easy stuff from the cardiac nurses at Brighton, as well as the surgeon. And my wife polices me incessantly so I am doing my best to behave. I suspect that will be even more intense after the surgery and I’m actually looking forward to a relaxing build up to Christmas. Although I suspect I will get very bored. 

Hope all goes well, and a speedy recovery has you back to giving the Poppydog cause for concern asap!  😉

poppy cliff edge.jpg

Edited by tony_m
  • Haha 1