Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

Off to a biker rally tonight with the Glam band. About 1hrs drive on outskirts of Edinburgh meaning i can go across country and avoid the by-pass rush hr at 4pm. Looks like we're doing the full set list tonight so that's gonna be approx 2.5hrs standing with platform boots. WHOO HOO.

Dave

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Off to a biker rally tonight with the Glam band. About 1hrs drive on outskirts of Edinburgh meaning i can go across country and avoid the by-pass rush hr at 4pm. Looks like we're doing the full set list tonight so that's gonna be approx 2.5hrs standing with platform boots. WHOO HOO.

Dave

Sounds good. 👍 

Daryl

• Thanks 1

That turned out to be a wonderful night of Glam rock with BLOCKBUSTARZ at The Stair Arms in Pathead near Edinburgh.

Wasn't actually a Biker Rally but a private function invite only. We had folks there from Denmark (approx. 20) Germany, Belgium and Holland along with the various Scots & English contingent. 

Dancing from the first song with the dance floor full before the 1st set ended. 2nd set we had the floor packed from midway thru the first song.

It seemed to be the foreign bikers that started off the dancing and they were well up for it from the sound check when we had  cheers, whistles and loud clapping so that was a good start. 

Started at 8:30 and finished at 12 with a 15min break but what great fun was had by everyone there and for us. 

Some gigs just have a great atmosphere and you want to keep the party going and this was one of those nights but we literally ran out of songs. For the first time we played every song we've ever done. Superb night. Going home very chuffed.

We were told by the organiser that several people had approached him for details on the band and asked where the feck did you find such an amazing band. That was a nice wee compliment too.

Several folks also thanked us for a great nights entertainment and we kept getting asked for more. We were due to finish at 11:15pm but alas we simply ran out of time and songs :biggrin:

We've been asked if we would consider playing bike rallies in Germany but probably never happen. I'd need to renew my passport. Do passenger planes still have propellers on long haul flights :laugh1:

Bit of a  nuisance trying to pack up as the dancers continued with backing music from the organiser but several folks both male and female offered to help load our cars but most were worse for wear so we thanked them all but said it was fine and easier to track where things are when loading if we do it ourselves. Always nice to be asked tho.

Easy drive home with very little traffic so that was a bonus.

No pics as yet but will post if any become available.

You can probably tell that i'm fair pleased tonight :biggrin:

Dave

• Like 3