Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

7 minutes ago, ahpook said:

They look amazing, don't they ?

It was just sitting there on a guitar stand during our soundcheck - The Mission soundchecked earlier in the day but all their gear was still in the wings.....I was so tempted to pick it up and have a play but I resisted. Imagine how much trouble I might have got into.

I didn't speak to Mr Adams at all but briefly met Mr Hussey just before their set. A memorable night.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Boodang said:

Except one is a musical instrument and the other is not... although which is which?!

Like so many bassists i have cursed both drums and printers alike so its a difficult choice to make :laugh1:

I jest of course and have never cursed a printer. :tatice_03:

Dave

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Muzz said:

Hoping for a nice quiet early-start (well, nine would be nice) pub one this weekend...we're in poshish Timperley, what could possibly go wrong?

Always enjoy reading your posts Muzz. I'm from the same neck of the woods and can usually recognise the venues from your descriptions.

No idea where you're gigging in Timperley though. Always found it to be a dead spot, a shame because it's about 5 mins from home.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't name and shame per se (tho I would if we were ever treated badly by the venue; drunks are (mostly) not the fault of the venue), but locals will pretty much be able to spot the places from the descriptions/arrangements...dunno where exactly we are this weekend yet, but I'm sure the BL will let me know at some point...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, WalMan said:

If you don’t need all the Kemper bells and whistles the TwoNotes Bass Revolt is worth a look. I’ve used mine for a few silent stage deps and it sounded great. 🙂

Thanks, I'll check it out and maybe save some $$$.

Daryl

• Like 1

I played Steel Paws at the weekend in Sheffield. I'm over 3wks into a bug that is not shifting and my desire to drive up from Wiltshire and back in a day wasn't great. I brought my trusty Hofner Verythin bass and Blackstar U700 head. I was delighted that the festival cab was a Blackstar 4x10. From the second I plugged in, it sounded great. I'd not met the drummer before but our three piece sounded great. The stage manager afterwards told us we were the most professional band of the night. There were loads of pro photographers there but I am still waiting on the photos. This image is from the previous show but I figured worthy of a share. 

Pic courtesy of Nick Ashton Photography. 

IMG_2005.thumb.JPG.7ae470bb2ef58abb0ca9e6a81be3dbe0.JPG

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Cat Burrito said:

I played Steel Paws at the weekend in Sheffield. I'm over 3wks into a bug that is not shifting and my desire to drive up from Wiltshire and back in a day wasn't great. I brought my trusty Hofner Verythin bass and Blackstar U700 head. I was delighted that the festival cab was a Blackstar 4x10. From the second I plugged in, it sounded great. I'd not met the drummer before but our three piece sounded great. The stage manager afterwards told us we were the most professional band of the night. There were loads of pro photographers there but I am still waiting on the photos. This image is from the previous show but I figured worthy of a share. 

Pic courtesy of Nick Ashton Photography. 

IMG_2005.thumb.JPG.7ae470bb2ef58abb0ca9e6a81be3dbe0.JPG

So cool man. But that drive when you're ill - you have my sympathy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If hitting the "Submit Reply" button doesn't appear to have done anything, don't hit it again. Select and copy the contents of your post - although you shouldn't even need to do this as the forum software should have automatically saved your post as you type it - and then select "Go to topic listing". Nearly every time you'll see that your post has been added to the end of the thread, and on the rare occasion that it hasn't, if on trying to reply again doesn't bring up the contents of your post you'll be able to paste it back in from your copy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, BigRedX said:

If hitting the "Submit Reply" button doesn't appear to have done anything, don't hit it again. Select and copy the contents of your post - although you shouldn't even need to do this as the forum software should have automatically saved your post as you type it - and then select "Go to topic listing". Nearly every time you'll see that your post has been added to the end of the thread, and on the rare occasion that it hasn't, if on trying to reply again doesn't bring up the contents of your post you'll be able to paste it back in from your copy.

It seems particularly likely to happen if you create a new post but not at the bottom of the last page of a thread.