Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Jack Casady Bass- Metallic Gold ***SOLD!***

Etienne

I bought this from Andy Travis here on Basschat last November, having been GASing after one for most of the year! It's a superb example of this instrument (Andy made sure that he got a good one!)- it looks and sounds brilliant. I bought it to use with my new band, but to be honest I've been going back to my Squier JV P-bass more and more over the last few weeks, and this is just not getting played enough for me to justify keeping it.

The full spec of this can be found on the web, but for those who don't know, here's the basics:

*Standard 34" scale length with set neck construction.
*Semi-hollow body with metallic gold top finish.
*Passive low-impedance Electar humbucker in middle position.
*CONTROLS: 3-way impedance switch (50K, 250K or 500K settings), master volume, master tone.
*Gibson-style 3-point bridge assembly.

I'll get some photos up in the next few days, but for now, you'll just have to take my word that this is in VGC throughout. There's just a tiny, barely noticeable ding in the lacquer on the top edge of the headstock, and some very light swirling in the finish on the back on the body, otherwise it's clean. The pickguard is currently removed, but can be very easily refitted with the supplied screws should you so desire. I agree with Andy that the bass looks better without it! I've strung it with D'addario Chromes flatwounds, which I think really suit the old-school character of this bass. The pickup in this is seriously powerful, and with the impedance switch, pretty versatile too. I tend to run it on the '250k' setting most of the time- it gives the bass a nice full sound, with more low end than a P-bass(!). You can get a nice vintage bark out of it too no problem- just dig in a bit more! :rolleyes:
The bass comes with the all-important Epiphone fitted hard-shell case & key, the pickguard & screws (of course!), and the original set of roundwounds that it came strung with.

I'm looking for a firm [b]£430[/b] for this please. I'm based in Liverpool city centre. Collection is preferred , but shipping can also be arranged at additional cost... :)

EDIT: NOW SOLD!

Please PM me if interested, thanks for looking!

Etienne

Edited by Etienne