Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT-200T

Conan

I have one of these amp heads which I got in a trade for my Trace Elliot gear a few years ago.

I know very little about it other than the fact that it sounds very good and is extremely heavy!

It gives 200 watts into 8 ohms and 350 into 4. It is an all-transistor amp and I believe they were only made for a couple of years in the late 1980s. This one is (if I recall correctly!) a 1987 model.

I will post some pix of it later as I am at work now, but I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of these amps or knows what it would be worth? It is in excellent condition and has recently been cleaned and serviced.

All replies appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I used one a long time ago. Think it was the forerunner to the SVT350/450H models.
Ok if not great, and maybe not the loudest amp around. Well made US built Ampeg though - would have thought
it was worth around £250,maybe more?

Have a look on Harmony Central, lots of opinions on there!
Cheers.

[quote name='ashevans09' post='766577' date='Mar 7 2010, 12:16 AM']Alot of these popped up ebay a few months ago, might be worth searching those listings for more info :rolleyes:[/quote]

Tried that and couldn't find any! :)

Around mid 09 (June or July), there were about five of these going on ebay (UK one) at the same time.
There were three versions of these- a very rare silver faced one. then the typical white-lined one and the blue lined one.
The silver went for 230,
There were two bluey´s and they both closed around 180-190
and the whitey´s went for about the same, maybe even less. (think one was 145 or thereabouts)
I bid on all of them, but never bothered keeping up with the auctons. :)
So anywhere from 150-200 I reckon would be the average price (they go for around 200 dollars on ebay.com)
Hope that helps