Why become a member? ×

Spector!

TGEvans

Looking into a new four string. Its either going to be a Korean legend, or one of the Re bop bolt ons from Europe. Just a gigging stage bass really. As far as I know both hese basses have exactly the same hardware and pickups/pre amps! Are the woods the same? Any opinions greatfully received. T

Yeah if you can, get a Rebop, the build quality will be better, and usually have the nice block inlays rather than the dots.

But saying that, if you can pick up a second hand Legend as I did for around £200, they're an absolute bargain seeing as they're around £500 new now. I do prefer the EMG BTS preamp that was in the NS2000, but the Legend still sounds fantastic.

[quote name='TGEvans' post='764744' date='Mar 5 2010, 08:48 AM']Looking into a new four string. Its either going to be a Korean legend, or one of the Re bop bolt ons from Europe. Just a gigging stage bass really. As far as I know both hese basses have exactly the same hardware and pickups/pre amps! Are the woods the same? Any opinions greatfully received. T[/quote]

Legands are excellent value for money... but if you can stretch to a ReBop then do it... :)

Having owned two 5 string Euros and a Rebop I must say that they are surprisingly similar. The Rebop actually seems to have a slightly larger lower cutaway and a slightly different neck profile. The Euro has real EMGs and will sound a bit clearer but HZs are still pretty good. Also, the big bonus of the Rebop is that it doesn't have a painted neck.

So in answer to your question, I'd say go for a Rebop if you can.