Why become a member? ×

General advice sought re early 90s Fenders

alhbass

Hello. I'd welcome any advice about early 90s US made Fenders. I'm considering a 91 Jazz that seems a reasonable price, but I'm going to have to take a gamble on it, as there's no chance I'll be able to try before I buy.

I'm aware that late 70s Fenders (for example) are widely considered a bit dodgy - although yes, there are individual exceptions of course - but don't know what the general view is about the late 80s - early 90s.

Would be grateful for your thoughts & opinions. Thanks.

[quote name='alhbass' post='765412' date='Mar 5 2010, 05:17 PM']Hello. I'd welcome any advice about early 90s US made Fenders. I'm considering a 91 Jazz that seems a reasonable price, but I'm going to have to take a gamble on it, as there's no chance I'll be able to try before I buy.

I'm aware that late 70s Fenders (for example) are widely considered a bit dodgy - although yes, there are individual exceptions of course - but don't know what the general view is about the late 80s - early 90s.

Would be grateful for your thoughts & opinions. Thanks.[/quote]

I have a '92 Jazz, it's my fave bass, I don't know about any other but mine is great.

Not sure about early 90´s but my 96/7 American Fender Precision Deluxe is the mutts!
Seriously great bass!

I did have a Fender JP-90 at one pont (starting out) but I rarely played it and can´t remember much about it. It was white. sold it to a mate.
That was definately from the very early 90´s