Why become a member? ×

Bacchus Venus 5

Machines

Swapped my Corvette $$ 5 for this with detune_jazz (thanks again !). I initially wanted a Fender Miller Jazz but to be honest, this is superior in every way possible.

I'm waiting for full details about it from Bacchus, but it's obviously a Swamp Ash body / Brazilian rosewood neck with body and neck binding. It does absolutely every sound I want it to. The EQ is very powerful and only needs a little tweak either way full good effect. It plays terribly easily and after coming from a Warwick neck is a breeze to get around.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='765983' date='Mar 6 2010, 12:44 PM']I almost bought that bass from detune jazz a while ago. It's a lovely instrument, especially with the decorative binding around the edge of the body. I only decided against it due to the slab body edges. Lovely instrument! Nice score :)[/quote]
The back is still contoured so it doesn't cause me a problem. The clear pickguard really sets it off and it wouldn't look anywhere near as classy with white/black etc.

Jazz finally let it go!! Ha.

This bass is awesome. Tried it and loved it. I know he was in two minds about parting as well... We are both off to see Bernie @ GB tomorrow so I'm sure I will hear a 'I miss that Bacchus' story in the car.

This has an ultimate jazz bass tone, and the feel of a bass worth a goof grand over its actual cost. Top bit of kit

I've spent a good couple of hours getting to know it today, I am astounded by it still - there really isn't anything more I could ask of it. I've played a lot of expensive Fender styled basses (Nordstrand, Shuker etc) and this is an easy match in terms of build quality and tone.

Please tell Jazz no refunds or exchanges are accepted without a receipt :).