Why become a member? ×

Mansons

niceguyhomer

I know we like to moan sometimes about shops / poor service etc but I just wanted to share my experience with Mansons this week and give some praise where praise is due.

I ordered an Ibanez Gary Witless Fretless on Thursday from their fine establishment in Exeter and it arrived the following morning. Unfortunately, their carrier delivered it to my home address instead of work so my wife just took it in and signed for it without checking the contents of the box.

I went home at lunchtime and unpacked to find that it'd been damaged in transit - something had obviously been stacked on top of it and the tone control had compacted a bit and the finish had cracked around it.

I rang Mansons straight away knowing they had another in stock and explained the situation and the chap I spoke to said he'd go and check the other one was still available. To cut a long story short, Adrian Ashton - Director, rang me in the meantime to apologise for the inconvenience and knowing I was in a bit of a hurry, offered to send the other one next day delivery (Saturday) before I'd even sent the damaged one back.

Anyway, it arrived today and I've just had a twang on it and I'm very pleased. I still have the damaged one - it's being collected on Monday.

I'll definitely be using Mansons again even if they're not the cheapest cos the service is first class and to me, that's far more important.

That's a great service story. Others could be be really funny if you didn't check the contents first, even if they delivered to the wrong address. Adrian is a top bloke.

I live in Torbay and have seen loads of music shops come and go. Exeter is the nearest city and Mansons has a huge reputation and are always worth going to.

Must be the same Adrian Ashton whose book I bought, I didn't realise he was a director at Mansons. Saying that I haven't been into their premises at McCoy's Arcade, I tend to try and avoid the place on the rare occasions I am in Exeter. Nothing more embarrassing than drooling in a shop.

I've always rated Mansons very highly - the most "professional" set up I've seen in the music world. Also they have good stock, which covers the range of beginer to pro to stupidly expensive. That is a rare thing, and is combined with a sensible sales approach - they don't just push a brand because they stock it, you are free to look at a few options and even ask questions. Try that in some places...

I don't generally go to music shops, but if I'm in Exeter I will usually find few mins to drop in and see whats new.

(I could rant about high string prices, but that would lower the tone, wouldn't it?)