Why become a member? ×

Musicman Sabre 79 project

hi all,

selling my 79 Musicman Sabre project,the body might have been refinished

all originals parts except one led on it (see image) and the battery cover and the neck plate not original.

asking for 450£

feel free for questions and more fotos

Pedro

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' post='769765' date='Mar 9 2010, 09:27 PM']I agree wi Nig...[/quote]

last week a friend sold his Sabre bass on Ebay for 1720£

when i start this project only the body cost me with 230£

the bridge 120£

the preamp almost 200£

i'm not asking mutch,if don't sell it i will match with G&L pickups.

Edited by bassvid75

Just to be perfectly clear, by "project" you actually mean "body" (plus bridge, control plate and some other bits of hardware).

I've no idea what this is worth - this sort of stuff clearly can go for mental money - I'm not sure it actually amounts to a bass though, does it?

Could someone bang a standard MusicMan neck on this, or does the Sabre require something special?

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='770089' date='Mar 10 2010, 09:33 AM']Just to be perfectly clear, by "project" you actually mean "body" (plus bridge, control plate and some other bits of hardware).

I've no idea what this is worth - this sort of stuff clearly can go for mental money - I'm not sure it actually amounts to a bass though, does it?

Could someone bang a standard MusicMan neck on this, or does the Sabre require something special?[/quote]

hey,

you can fit any neck from the era pre-EB on this body yes.(Sabre or Stingray)

i call it "project"because there are some things to finish it.

cheers,

Pedro