Why become a member? ×

Woah! New Squier Classic Vibe Colour!

Alfie

Apologies if this has been posted already, but:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330411926087&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ME:B:SS:GB:1123[/url]

Fiesta Red! Awesome!

with a sound like that and that colour im sure im gonna see that bass on the indie scene very soon...

maybe me playing one :)

[quote name='Marvin' post='768547' date='Mar 8 2010, 09:28 PM']The description underneath isn't really selling it to me though.
Looks great I admit, but I'm not sure I want something that sounds like a sheep.[/quote]

[quote name='Soloshchenko' post='768613' date='Mar 8 2010, 10:28 PM']I like. The blue one I bought recently is one of my main basses now. Well made and cracking tone.[/quote]
Not a hint of wooliness or anything sheep related then? :)

[quote name='bass5' post='768583' date='Mar 8 2010, 10:02 PM']Sorry but isn't that salmon pink? Don't look like fiesta red to me.[/quote]
Oooh! Now you've done it!

[b][color="#FF0000"]WARNING[/color] - Fiesta Red Controversy Alert [color="#FF0000"]WARNING[/color] [/b]
[quote]Faded red...custom colour...no such thing as salmon pink...flamingo pink...Heinz Baked Bean Juice Red...UV fading...Cliff Richard...Hank Marvin...red faded to pink...pink darkened to red...Bruce Bennett: "It was DEFINITELY flamingo pink and both Hank and I recall that vividly; they say now that there's no such colour but it was definitely in the brochure that we had and when the guitar arrived it was pink, not the more orangey colour of the fiesta red guitars that we got later. You see, when we ordered the guitar there was a Board of Trade ban on American musical instruments so we had to get it direct. Jennings later became the distributors for Fender and those guitars were indeed fiesta red. But I think, before that time, Fender's custom colours really were custom - I think they used to go down to the local car spray shop and just choose colours that they liked. But as far as I'm concerned and Hank's concerned, it was flamingo pink, even though all the Fender books say there's no such thing. I wore an onion on my belt; it was the fashion at the time"... Faded Dakota Red...Shoreline Gold Overspray... Lake Placid Red ... never seen an original...saw an original in 1961...custom shop re-issue overpriced ... eye for an eye ...hang them all...no such thing as core tone...Squier CV Hawaiian Pineapple Red Jazz...[/quote]

But that bass is ****ing lush.

Edited by skankdelvar

AH CRAP! another bass on the want list now. I suppose its more achievable than a Sei Jazz 5 but still a couple of hundred pound more than I have.

I have always wanted a Pino style Precision and if the other squiers are anything to go by this should be awesome. Slap a badass on there with a Jazz pickup at the bridge and that would be just what I am after at the moment.

Another great bass from Squier.

My GAS list seems to be entirely squier at the mo (with the long running and never gonna happen exceptions of a sei flamboyant 4 or my old streamer or a walnut jazz) although I'll call this one exempt.
That said can you put a badass on these new squiers? I heard the screw holes on the new hmv bridge dont line up?

The new Squiers have some sort of 'HiMass' bridges these days... I don't know if you'll gain a lot more by fitting a badass. You won't be able to fit the bridge ashtrays if you do.

I've an MIM P and I'm perfectly happy with the vintage style bit of bent metal.

The Pino Squier looks great although I still prefer the sonic blue.

Edited by bh2

I now have that picture on page one as my home screen image on my Blackberry, looks amazing! ha ha.

Not sure about the Badass fit, I just like the look of badass bridges to be honest no real reason other than that. I think they have gone bust now anyway havent they? I am sure I read that somewhere. I think a Jazz pickup would be the order of the day for me as well though and a nice chrome cover over the pickup. I really want one now, major GAS!

I am sad to inform you all that... presently that one is the only one in the country in that colour!!!, as they have not yet been introduced widely to all distributors, it just so happened that particular dealer received "the one" as a sampler in that colour. Yes of course, there'll be more of the same to come but not for a while, in the meantime, I've phoned him up and snapped that off him.

So now it's on its way to moi! :)

as you can see he removed it from ebay as we did a "phone deal" (better than the price advertised) saves him ebay mafia fees and me delivery charges. Everyone's a winner!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330411926087&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ME:B:SS:GB:1123[/url]

Edited by bass5

Bah! Beaten too it by "bass5". It's not even on Squier's web-site.

It's about as "red in'yer face" as the Ibanez SRX430 (UK frame).
Such as here - [url="http://www.giggear.co.uk/p/Ibanez-SRX430/"]http://www.giggear.co.uk/p/Ibanez-SRX430/[/url]

Balcro.

Edited by Balcro