Why become a member? ×

Woah! New Squier Classic Vibe Colour!

Alfie

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='777909' date='Mar 17 2010, 07:58 PM']It's looking good (but I even liked the tort guard).

Interesting to see how the colour of the red changes with the different guards.

Does the serial number start 'CGRI' - which would mean it was made in the same factory as the earlier ones - or so I believe[/quote]

No the serial number is CGS0918859
whereas my lake placid blue 50's precison has CGRH08000517 and the Jazz one has CGS0913566

I don't see any difference in quality or loss of quality between the 3 they are all perfect except the crappy wiring and pickups which I have changed to all 3. They could be further improved with some original machineheads but it will prove a difficult task in finding somethat fit because if you compare them to a real Fender ones these are smaller and and the holes don't match and I am not about to butcher it by tapping holes and drilling other, they keep in tune but they are only a bit rough when you turn them, you don't feel that quality feel of the original tuning pegs. But... I can certainly live with that as it doesn't affect the sound nor the look. It's a cheap bass after all and changing too many bits would defeat the object.

[quote name='bass5' post='777929' date='Mar 17 2010, 08:14 PM']No the serial number is CGS0918859
whereas my lake placid blue 50's precison has CGRH08000517 and the Jazz one has CGS0913566[/quote]
Interesting. Maybe I was talking nonsense (again).

Someone told me that the 'C' was 'China' and the 'GR' was the factory 'Grand Reward Education and Entertainment' in Guang Dong. But who knows???

[quote name='bh2' post='777938' date='Mar 17 2010, 08:21 PM']I would certainly swap out the machines for some vintage ones, they fit... these on a CV 60s P...

Aren't they luvly![/quote]

they are but did you have to re-drill holes and how much for a set and where from?

Thanks for your reply

I've bought from that EBay seller before and he is great. Bass looks good and it's a great thread. Personally I prefer the tort but that white works well too. Big fan of SD pups.

[quote name='silentbob' post='768736' date='Mar 9 2010, 12:49 AM']Guess i'm going to be in the minority here, but i think it looks awful. Always disliked red on red, but red on pink is just wrong.[/quote]

I have red on sunset orange so best we don't go there :)

Couldn't see that this had been cleared up, but split-coil doesn't mean hum cancelling. You can get humbucker Precision pickups (Dimarzio DP122 for example), but it's the arrangement of the magnets in each coil that makes it 'bucking!

Cool
Si

You will have to drill out the mounting screws... the posts fit as you can see...

I reckon you can get a set of these much cheaper from the states...

[url="http://www.allparts.uk.com/online-shop/fender-guitar-amp-parts/guitar-parts/tuning-keys/bass/vintage-style-c-277_296_319_330_358_387.html"]http://www.allparts.uk.com/online-shop/fen...30_358_387.html[/url]

Hipshots...

[url="http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=2"]http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?...ct_list&c=2[/url]

Edited by bh2

[quote name='Sibob' post='777971' date='Mar 17 2010, 08:54 PM']Couldn't see that this had been cleared up, but split-coil doesn't mean hum cancelling. You can get humbucker Precision pickups (Dimarzio DP122 for example), but it's the arrangement of the magnets in each coil that makes it 'bucking!

Cool
Si[/quote]
Si, maybe you're correct, I don't know, but I had always thought that the P pickup was hum-cancelling in that the two coils were RWRP. Do you think that's wrong?