Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision MIM FS/FT

mr.sibs

Hello all,

I put this up a few months back and well, here she is again! Not fitting great into my folky project unfortunately.

It really is a great little mex and has always played beautifully with a very nice neck. I replaced the scratchplate to an antiquey looking off white/duck egg colour which is very fetching and also replaced the bridge for a gotoh style number. Other than this it is all original. I also copper lined the cavity, so this bass is super clean and quiet now with no buzzing.

It could do with a new set of strings and a set up - intonation is fine but the action could be lowered slightly, other than that there are no playing faults.
There are a few blemishes and marks to the bass - not very noticeable unless up close. There are these black marks that it has picked up from somewhere around the edges of the paintwork and on one corner of the bass (pictured). it used to have a few stickers so that probably came from there. There is also two little knocks where the paintwork has cracked, one of them pictured below. Other than that there is a bit of buckle rash on the back, but that's it. I think all of this just adds to the character of this bass though - it still looks pretty fresh.

I would really like to swap/trade for a jazz or similar

Any questions please ask - I live in south london and would prefer pick up, but can possibly meet

[color="#FF0000"][size=4]PRICE DIVE TO £200!![/size][/color]

[attachment=44733:P1040563.JPG]
[attachment=44734:P1040566.JPG]
[attachment=44735:P1040569.JPG]
[attachment=44736:P1040572.JPG]
[attachment=44738:P1040574.JPG]
[attachment=44739:P1040575.JPG]

Edited by mr.sibs

[quote name='mr.sibs' post='773717' date='Mar 13 2010, 04:53 PM']Hello all,

As I have just acquired a beautiful jag from GazWills it is time to say goodbye to my trusty mexican fender p. I have owned this from new (bought mid 90s) and it has joined me through various band, gigs, clubs, the works!

It really is a great little mex and has always played beautifully with a very nice neck. I replaced the scratchplate to an antiquey looking off white/duck egg colour which is very fetching and also replaced the bridge for a gotoh style number. Other than this it is all original. I also copper lined the cavity, so this bass is super clean and quiet now with no buzzing.

It could do with a new set of strings and a set up - intonation is fine but the action could be lowered slightly, other than that there are no playing faults.
There are a few blemishes and marks to the bass - not very noticeable unless up close. There are these black marks that it has picked up from somewhere around the edges of the paintwork and on one corner of the bass (pictured). it used to have a few stickers so that probably came from there. There is also two little knocks where the paintwork has cracked, one of them pictured below. Other than that there is a bit of buckle rash on the back, but that's it. I think all of this just adds to the character of this bass though - it has a nicely aged vibe to it.

I am hoping to get £300 ono and I will include a very nice tribal planet gig bag which is a tough mother

Any questions please ask - I live in south london and would prefer pick up, but will possibly post at your peril

[attachment=44733:P1040563.JPG]
[attachment=44734:P1040566.JPG]
[attachment=44735:P1040569.JPG]
[attachment=44736:P1040572.JPG]
[attachment=44738:P1040574.JPG]
[attachment=44739:P1040575.JPG][/quote]

tempting as Id love a 2nd gigging P so I could put flats on one

Is that lake placid blue?

Its a gorgeous colour, my old man has a MIM tele in the same colour, to my eyes looks like Daphne blue with a metalic touch.

I think the only colour Fender had that came close on the old MIM was Sage green metalic which was gorgeous as well.

you prob arnt interested but worth a shot... i have a MIM Jazz bass (with customshop 60s pups) that im looking to swap for a P-Bass MIM

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=81802"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=81802[/url]

if i manage to sell mine for £250 in the next few days, ill take this one from you :)

• 5 months later...