Why become a member? ×

Karnivool - bassists pedalboard

cheddatom

I saw them play on saturday. The bass player's tone was absolutely bollock shaking. I took a look at his pedalboard later, there was a looper of some sort, controlling loads of pedals which were behind some perspex. The perspex wasn't exactly polished, and my vision wasn't exactly focussed. Can anyone tell me what he uses?

Saw Karnivool in southampton last night! and i can say was that i've never heard such a good bass tone at a small gig!

This popped up on talkbass at some point and might help you out, this is from jonto a member on there:

"I use an Ashdown EVO II 500 live and in the studio I'll use a number of heads, mainly an Ampeg SVT-CL or SVT-2, plus also Eden, Sunn and Aguilar gear, as well as my Ashdown of course. I use a boss bass equaliser (GEB-7) to reduce a bit of the low mids (160Hz) that are naturally produced from my Warwick Thumb-6, I also run an ODB-3 but I've just bought a Tech-21 XXL, which is a monster distortion, a bit differnt to the ODB-3, which is an overdrive. I also use a DD-20 boss delay and an OC-3 boss octave pedal for some parts of newer songs"

[quote name='cheddatom' post='774940' date='Mar 15 2010, 09:03 AM']I saw them play on saturday. T[u][b]he bass player's tone was absolutely bollock shaking[/b][/u]. I took a look at his pedalboard later, there was a looper of some sort, controlling loads of pedals which were behind some perspex. The perspex wasn't exactly polished, and my vision wasn't exactly focussed. Can anyone tell me what he uses?[/quote]

That's rather pleasing to hear! (sorry about the unintended pun).
I haven't got to see them live, but on the latest album when the bass player starts up on 'Goliath' he sounds like he's unleashed a wild animal. Would love to hear that live.