Why become a member? ×

FS. Music Man Sub4 Active. Central London **SOLD**

dave_bass5

[quote name='Linus27' post='776211' date='Mar 16 2010, 01:09 PM']Keep the DD, buy an SR4. If you find you don't use the DD once you get the SR4 then sell it. Like I said to you earlier, if you sell the DD and miss it, its going to be bloody hard to get another. I would not part with the DD until you have an SR4.[/quote]

Agreed and that was my plan.
Last night i was recording Town called malice for our new demo. I got the DD out (of course), did a few takes and gave up. I got the Sub out and nailed it in one. Tone wise the Sub was perfect but its the neck im now getting used to and finding easier to play. Im starting to feel the DD is a bit cramped and if i do find i need a P in the future im sur ei can now go for something like a HW-one again.

My problem is cash flow. If i sell the Sub for near asking price i can put the rest on the CC and get a Ray34. If i sell the DD i can buy a 2EQ SR4, hopefully Petes one but if not i have a greater choice.
Im not going to take a big hit on the DD though. As it was already second hand, if i do sell it, it will be for around what i paid for it. So that might actually prevent me from selling it.
I certainly wouldn't sell the DD before ive done another couple of gigs with the Sub though, just to make sure.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='776537' date='Mar 16 2010, 06:27 PM']I did no such thing :)[/quote]

I really missed my HW1 for a while, and now i love my Sub. You have certainly put me through all the emotions lol.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='776569' date='Mar 16 2010, 06:49 PM']I really missed my HW1 for a while, and now i love my Sub. You have certainly put me through all the emotions lol.[/quote]

The sound from the SUB is better than the HW1 TBH but I just don't do Stingray necks.

I do enjoy the HW1 though,what is weird no matter what bass I get I always end up back at my MIM Jazz.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='776574' date='Mar 16 2010, 06:52 PM']The sound from the SUB is better than the HW1 TBH but I just don't do Stingray necks.

I do enjoy the HW1 though,what is weird no matter what bass I get I always end up back at my MIM Jazz.[/quote]

I was very apprehensive about the Sub neck at first but i do like it now. Its a bit wider than a Jazz of course but it feel more comfortable than any P ive played, other than the DD of course.

After you took the HW1 i was almost tempted to get a VM Jazz, for some reason i missed the Jazz even though i had hardly touched it for the past few years but i think ive finally found the tone i was looking for.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='776630' date='Mar 16 2010, 07:52 PM']Not a chance![/quote]

Bugger, that never worked :) What about if I give you Pompy football club, Jedwoods entire back catalogue and a signed picture of Posh Spice. Surely that has to do it :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Linus27' post='776746' date='Mar 16 2010, 09:57 PM']Bugger, that never worked :) What about if I give you Pompy football club, Jedwoods entire back catalogue and a signed picture of Posh Spice. Surely that has to do it :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
I'll trade you a Natalie Imbruglia for it, if you ever manage to get your hands on one :lol:

[quote name='budget bassist' post='776808' date='Mar 16 2010, 11:31 PM']I'll trade you a Natalie Imbruglia for it, if you ever manage to get your hands on one :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ok, thats a deal sir. I better warn you though, she'll be well used :):)

[quote name='Patrickhadow' post='780734' date='Mar 20 2010, 01:02 PM']Might be interested, where exactly are you in London?
cheers, Patrick[/quote]

Im almost in the city of london. EC1/Old street/Barbican/Holborn area.