Why become a member? ×

Footswitch question

velvetkevorkian

Recently I bought an Ashdown dual latching footswitch from Ou7shined on here to use with my Boss VF-1 for switching patches. Now, it's plugged in and it works, but there's a bit of a quirk- it takes two presses of the switch before the unit registers the change. This is a bit of a PITA for quick and accurate changes, obviously.

Has anyone encountered an issue like this before? Is it likely to be down to the fact that its latching, as opposed to momentary? The VF-1 manual suggests that either would work, although of course it suggests using the Boss ones only. Should I just suck it up and get the Boss dual footswitch?

Cheers,
Kyle

I just had a glance at the manual. Although the specifciations page suggests you can use a latched (FS-5L) or unlatched switch (FS-5U) the actual examples given on page 20 and 44 are with unlatched switches.

Also the behaviour you are seeing with the latched switch suggests that an unlatched switch would work better. An unlatched switch switches one way when it is pressed down and switches back when it is released - this is the same effect as pressing a latched switch twice.