Why become a member? ×

Dovetail strings

Crikey!

Helloooo,

My bands been offered a "part endorsement" with Dovetail strings. Never heard of or used them before but they're offering me bass strings for £10 a pack instead of £24.99.

I'm paying 15.99 or more for my Ernie Balls at the moment.. my thinking is, even if they're not the best strings in the world, it'll save me a lot of money on tour. there's no contract and they're very keen to get feedback from us about the strings.

Just wondering if anyone has used them before or if anyone on here has been offered the same endorsement?

Doesnt seem like theres much to lose, unless they're poisoned or something...

and apologies if this is in the wrong place.

x

For a brand I've never heard of, they seem to have a lot of endorsees on their website (no one I've heard of though). The cynic in me wonders how many sets they actually sell at the full price - ie iss this an ego massaging trick to get you to buy their strings? Do they make their own strings or are they generic far eastern made strings you can get in other packaging for the same as the endorsee cost or less? Like some listed for £6 delivered from ebay.

They have a sign up form for string endorsees on their website: [url="http://www.dovetailretail.co.uk/registration.php"]http://www.dovetailretail.co.uk/registration.php[/url] - There are 84 bands listed currently - I wonder if they ever reject anyone who applies?

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

We've been offered the same thing. Our guitarist is going for it, as it'll save him about £2 a set on the strings he's buying now. He gets his 'special' price if he orders ten sets at once I think. Which is pretty much what he does anyway normally.

It would save me money a little to use them, but I've been told that I will only get their discounted price if I order at least 20 sets at once. At £15 each, I think not.

Endorsement or not though, he says they're decent strings, and feel close enough to his Ernie Balls. So it might be worth at least trying a set and seeing what you think.

Tried them myself. They offered the same thing. I can get Warwick red labels cheaper so I didnt bother. Plus they dont do 5 string sets yet. They're guitar strings aint too bad. Nothing spectacular but good for the price I suppose.