Why become a member? ×

Hi!

Fender Strat in brown, Everything plays fine and looks lovely, although there is a tiny bit of wear on the bottom of the guitar (unfortunately none of the pictures illustrate this), I am selling this for someone else, so I don't know too much about it or have any more pictures other than the ones below.

T'was bought for £650 i believe, so i am looking for about 475. Any interest?

Edited by dudewheresmybass89

My guitarist might be interested. Can we get a pic of the Custom Shop Neckplate.

[quote name='dudewheresmybass89' post='783728' date='Mar 23 2010, 05:40 PM']Hi!

Fender Strat in brown, Everything plays fine and looks lovely, although there is a tiny bit of wear on the bottom of the guitar (unfortunately none of the pictures illustrate this), I am selling this for someone else, so I don't know too much about it or have any more pictures other than the ones below.

T'was bought for £650 i believe, so i am looking for about 475. Any interest?[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ianrunci' post='796270' date='Apr 5 2010, 09:25 AM']... as I am sure you are aware.[/quote]

Not necessarily :) The OP's bro probably bought it as a CS / 60th in good faith. (As may have been the case with whoever sold it to [i]them[/i]). Even so, the serial dates it to 2005/6 out of Corona which puts it in the ballpark for a 60th designation. Some 60th Highways came out with standard size H/S's (2005-2006 production) and large headstocks were intro'd later during 2006.

If it were a CS, however, it would probably also have a CS logo on the headstock rear apart from any other indicators. The '60' badge on the H/S rear looks like the one that went on the MIM 60 rather than the all-engraved badge used on the USA standard, though these may have been applied to H'Way 1's. There were various Anni models floating around in 2006 - MIM, H'Way 1, USA Standard, CS. The USA Standard carried a diamond logo on the H/S front. The CS was a single finish option, IIRC - sort of winey red trans over flame, standard size H/S.

And even if it is a Highway they're very nice guitars - way better than MIM's and IMO more characterful than the US Standard.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='796536' date='Apr 5 2010, 01:49 PM']Not necessarily :) The OP's bro probably bought it as a CS / 60th in good faith. (As may have been the case with whoever sold it to [i]them[/i]). Even so, the serial dates it to 2005/6 out of Corona which puts it in the ballpark for a 60th designation. Some 60th Highways came out with standard size H/S's (2005-2006 production) and large headstocks were intro'd later during 2006.

If it were a CS, however, it would probably also have a CS logo on the headstock rear apart from any other indicators. The '60' badge on the H/S rear looks like the one that went on the MIM 60 rather than the all-engraved badge used on the USA standard, though these may have been applied to H'Way 1's. There were various Anni models floating around in 2006 - MIM, H'Way 1, USA Standard, CS. The USA Standard carried a diamond logo on the H/S front. The CS was a single finish option, IIRC - sort of winey red trans over flame, standard size H/S.

And even if it is a Highway they're very nice guitars - way better than MIM's and IMO more characterful than the US Standard.[/quote]

yeah might not be a highway indeed but its definetly not a custom shop model. can't agree with your last comment though some of the ones I have played are planks of wood