Why become a member? ×

Ovation Magnum 1

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ovation-Magnum-4-String-Electric-Bass-Guitar-rare-70s_W0QQitemZ170462330448QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item27b058be50"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ovation-Magnum-4-Str...=item27b058be50[/url]

As part of my personal belief that the entire world should only be allowed to hear bass played on these instruments, i found this rather lovely example on das Bay. Wonder if he'd swap my natural for his burst......hmmmmm.

stereo output, unique pickups, all mahogany, set AND bolted carbon reinforced neck, ebony board, space ship looks and possibly the deepest sound known to man. brilliant.

You can hear me play mine at Cardiff Arts Institute on Easter Sunday!

ummmm ahem.....Embarrassingly we are yet to settle on a firm name, a point which somewhat angers me, having played with them since last summer, and having already done a couple of gigs!

It's Reggae, Ska, Hip-hop, surf-rock. Our lineup is guitar, drums, bass, Female Vocals, Beatbox and an MC! six very different individuals makes for interesting music but democratic mayhem, especially when it comes to choosing a name.....

suggested names so far:

Chula (Means cool/pretty in italian i think, also the name of our drummers house boat!)
Love Ambassadors (Ambassadors being the name of the brothel next to my house...)
Company of flames
Cheetahs and Lions
Wrap of smack
Joyboy
La Tricks
Osiris

As you can see, most of these sound like a 90's girl power group, emo band, punk band or childrens cartoon..... so any suggestions welcome!

Either way, the last gig sounded pretty good and besides some of the best things don't have names- Led Zeppelins 4th album, ummm....well i'm sure there are other examples!