Why become a member? ×

Rotosound Trubass - £15 posted

Just acquired thebeat's lovely butterscotch blonde 51 P bass which plays beautifully with TI flats on. For the hell of it I ordered some Trubass strings (£22) to see if I get a really old school thump. They give that alright but they are very chunky (the E is a 115 gauge) and they aren't very fast playing (and my stuff is pretty fast). Hence I am going back to the TIs.

Literally arrived this morning, put on my 51 (without any cutting down) at lunch-time, and now taken off again.

[s]£17 posted is a fiver saved[/s] Actually I'll call it £15 as the yellow silks are very slightly frayed from pulling through the through-body channels (they are very fragile :) )

PS, they are the 'long scale' ones (for a 32-34 inch neck) - although I would caution for a string-through body like the 51 the silks slightly overlap the nut on the E and A

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Beedster' post='793517' date='Apr 1 2010, 05:20 PM']Clarky, you buying a set of Tru Bass is like me buying a single-cut boutique bass. Just wrong :)[/quote]
Don't worry Chris, I have corrected my terrible error :rolleyes:

Still doesn't rank up there with having to wear a Sp*rs shirt for my next gig (10th April, Club Shine in Bognor)