Why become a member? ×

diagonal pickup?

dub

Kawai Sleekline:

[attachment=46249:sleeklinefull.jpg]

Basically a funny-shaped Jazz - and that's what it sounds like. The neck pup is a bit nearer the neck that a proper J anyway so it's perhaps a bit rounder-sounding, but I wouldn't say the slant in itself makes a noticeable difference.

Jon.

I'm not sure that slanted pickups will give meaningful amounts of extra bass (at least in comparison to different windings or using the bass control on the eq), but the higher strings in your description would tend to have a slightly softer attack

Cheers for the info. That's a good few basses to try out. The warwicks look promising. I had a look on their website and the streamer jazzman looks like it might do the job. The reason I am into the idea of a slanted pickup is that I think it would be great to have even bottom end across the strings so when the same note on a higher string is played, it will have a similar weight behind it.
I'd be interested to hear if the warwick players are getting that kind of response from the bass?
Of course I'll go and try one out myself when I get the chance.

Edited by dub