Why become a member? ×

My 3rd Jazz Bass

AndyTravis

So, after the 'Gas Free Pile' thread, when I said I was done...

I stumbled across another really nice Jazz reissue, so... I've done it.

It's a 2002 Mexi Classic Reissue, factory special run in Burgundy Mist, with a matching headstock - Looks very Guy Pratt (The one he has with EMG's in it has always been a favourite of mine).

When trying to explain it to a mate at work, I came across a photo of an original '65 Burgundy Mist, with all the trimmings (See photo one).

So i've cobbled a couple of chrome covers from my spares box, and i've changed the bridge from a Badass II to a USA Vintage Bridge I had spare, and i've removed the dome knobs and fitted some USA Vintage ones and added a thumb rest.

Wierdly, I usually put Badass II's onto my Fenders, and remove the thumb rests. On this one, i've kept the previous owners Overwater flatwound strings on (Very Tasty) and the Bridge cover wouldn't go over a Badass, I didn't want this to be a 'Slapper' as my Marcus Miller and USA '75 do a really great Job for that, this means I can paly this without the Thumbrest being in my way.

Just spent an hour masking up the bits I needed to drill, and changing the Bits over. My dads trusty old hand drill came in handy, again this is my 5th Fender with covers.

I'm very happy with the results - Vintage looks for a tenth of the price...

My missus keeps on calling it Pink...I'm calling it Ron Burgundy (oh by the way I DO NOT name my Basses).

Enjoy

Trav

[quote name='MB1' post='796130' date='Apr 4 2010, 11:49 PM']MB1. :)
..Very GP... i like that!!
...is that you? "Naked in front of the Computer" in the Ashtray Pic 2? :rolleyes:[/quote]
Yeah, fess up! Who is wearing a pink top and headband - you or the (pink appreciating) missus?!

Hahaha, stop zooming in!!!

It's my missus - In her PJ's - i'm on the right breaking every 'Chrome' photography rule.

To be fair, the Ashtray isn't doing either of us any favours.

I'll do some pro photography in a whited out booth next time.

Edited by AndyTravis