Why become a member? ×

1973 Rickenbacker 4001

Stacker

Back again, this fella. It does need to go as I've been really excessive with recent purchases. She's all original bar one pickguard screw. Here's the blurb from the recent auction. £1700 or drop me a PM.

Wavy Grover keys
Non-full-width inlays
Cheq binding
Toaster front pup
Rear pup has adjustable pole-pieces
Original black RIC case
Bit of buckle-rash and a few scratches, given its age
4mm tail-lift
All original bar one pickguard screw
No neck/rod issues whatsoever

The backs of the wavy Grovers are secure and not prone to popping off. There is a split from the bottom of the toaster down to the edge of the scratchplate; this is not uncommon on Ricks from that era. Strung with .040-.095 Warwick Reds since I've had her. Instrument dates to May 1973. Comes with original black RIC case.

Email me for more pix.

BTW, I had a nasty experience with a proper nut-case on this forum a while back which put me off ever coming back here, and the mods know of this. I don't want that to happen again so please, let's be cool, ok?

Cheers,

Stacker.

Beautiful bass, great price. '73 was obviously a very transitional year - I had a Nov '73 Jetglo with only the wavy Grovers as a last vestige of Rick vintage-ness (and even those had been replaced with little Schallers!)

I don't think you were looking for trades last time - still the case?

[quote name='Shaggy' post='805418' date='Apr 13 2010, 08:49 PM']Beautiful bass, great price. '73 was obviously a very transitional year - I had a Nov '73 Jetglo with only the wavy Grovers as a last vestige of Rick vintage-ness (and even those had been replaced with little Schallers!)

I don't think you were looking for trades last time - still the case?[/quote]

I really need the readies, Shaggy. Thanx, anyway.