Why become a member? ×

Sold! Farida FJB-20 Sunburst

timmchale2009

Hi guys!

I am selling my recently purchased Farida FJB-20 in sunburst! This is an absolutely cracking piece of kit, when I tried it out I played alongside a US Jazz Bass (which it was the most comparable to) and some of the Mexican and Japanese reissue and deluxe series and it just ran rings around them, really crisp, clear and punchy but can get deep down and dirty with a bit of roll off on the tone, seemingly has an infinite sustain and it really does sound like a good Jazz Bass should. It's a good weight as it is a solid Ash body (will give exact weight upon request.) The neck is perfectly straight, feels very slim at [b]35.5mm[/b] at the nut and quick to manoeuvre around has those big black blocks on it which just makes it stand out a mile and looks very cool in my opinion and the action is absolutely superb. Nice, low, instantly playable and feels just like silk!

Below is the link which also has a photo of the bass, i'll again provide more photos upon request however they're being taken on an iPhone so not excellent quality but will give you the jist of just how stunning this bass is, plus I am in work atm so can't upload any.

[url="http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/farida_fjb-20_tobacco_sunburst.html"]http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/farida_f...o_sunburst.html[/url]

I am not looking for a trade on this at all, I have a Rickenbacker 4003 which really is my main bass (and have gone back to playing rhythm g***ar in the band :-S) and also as I really need the money as I have decided to go back to university this September to do a PGCE in secondary music.

I paid £470 (w/o the gig bag) for it from Dawsons 2 months ago and it has been used for 1 practice and 1 gig so is still in near mint condition, I will accept [b]£250 [/b]ovno with a well padded Warwick Gig Bag and I am more than willing to include, well packed, shipping in that price.

Many Thanks

Tim

Edited by timmchale2009

£325 is a great price for one of these, it's like a 75 reissue for a quarter of the budget...i'm still waiting for Farida to deliver a fretless prototype of this bass to me.

Winner, a heck of a lot off bass for the money.

Trav

• 4 weeks later...

Farida...ahem.

A Taiwanese family run business; Owner Frank Tsai is 'Mr Guitar' in China. Grand Reward is the parent company name.

His Factory in China makes 10% Farida (his own brand) and 90% for other ridiculously big brands.

They are mainly known for their acoustic guitars, the last 5 or 6 to appear in magazines for review have walked away with 5 star reviews.
Every now and then, they make an Electric, or a bass.

The FJB-20's sport a 2-piece Ash Body, Easy, comfortable neck, and are fantastic basses for the money (usually just under £500).

This is the factory responsible for the Squier Classic Vibes everyone on seems to be so keen upon, except the FJB-20 leaves the CV for dead, so at £250 this is a steal.

I'm still waiting for my Fretless version of this bass...

Anyhow...Bump

The bass is passive Anty, sounds great with a Big Muff and Big Muff Bass, infact just sounds great.

Kev i'll take some photos tonight and post them on here and i'll send you a PM when this is done!

Andy thanks for the indepth info again, really didn't know they were part of such a big family :-)

Bump Bump

Anty i'll find out for you this evening, I would be more than happy to post unfortunately i'm in work atm. Could we perhaps discuss finer details in private messages?

Sorry Kev and Out To Play Jazz, i'll get some pictures up this evening, got a bit side tracked with Music Theory stuff and also went out for a works leaving do. But they'll be here at around 6:30 :-)