Why become a member? ×

Here's one for Cetera!

matski

£450, 2 days to go and no bids so far....

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spector-Legend-4-String-Bass-Chrome_W0QQitemZ290424069515QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item439e9f9d8b#ht_553wt_1044"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spector-Legend-4-Str...b#ht_553wt_1044[/url]

I'm not knocking Spector or that bass but the owner must have been off his t*ts when he decided to have that done! :) Each to his own I know but for what he must have paid to have it chromed and LED'd, the cost of the work on what is essentially a mid-level bass will never get recouped.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='808649' date='Apr 16 2010, 05:13 PM']I'm not knocking Spector or that bass but the owner must have been off his t*ts when he decided to have that done! :) Each to his own I know but for what he must have paid to have it chromed and LED'd, the cost of the work on what is essentially a mid-level bass will never get recouped.[/quote]

Even after the LED work and having it chromed i bet it still came out much cheaper than a warwick streamer CT, which I imagine is what inspired him to do it

[quote name='kevbass' post='809083' date='Apr 17 2010, 12:28 AM']Even after the LED work and having it chromed i bet it still came out much cheaper than a warwick streamer CT, which I imagine is what inspired him to do it[/quote]

Absolutely... well maybe! :) However, the CT Streamer will retain a reasonable amount of its value whereas a Spector Legend with LEDs and an after-market paint job is still just a Spector Legend. Do you see where I'm coming from and I'm not trying to compare Warwick with Spector just the reality check that 'sometimes' what you do to a bass after you buy it can have little impact on its later value.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='809156' date='Apr 17 2010, 08:26 AM']Absolutely... well maybe! :rolleyes: However, the CT Streamer will retain a reasonable amount of its value whereas a Spector Legend with LEDs and an after-market paint job is still just a Spector Legend. Do you see where I'm coming from and I'm not trying to compare Warwick with Spector just the reality check that 'sometimes' what you do to a bass after you buy it can have little impact on its later value.[/quote]

Yeah I see where you are coming from, but I suppose it all depends on whether someone is willing and has the 2 grand to shell out on a streamer CT or if they'd rather buy a spector legend, throw 3- 400 quid at it and lose that money spent modding it when selling it on. Personally I'd have probbably had it done if its what I wanted, I imagine the guy just wanted a streamer CT alike and prob didnt think he'd be selling it on at a later date. I quite like what he's done though, you too can look like sam rivers on a budget :)