Why become a member? ×

Wal 5'er

WalMan

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wal-Mach-II-5-string-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ270187079717QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]HERE[/url] and my initial thought is OUCH!!!!

Followed by [i]"International payment will be made by Western Union or Bank wire transfer"[/i] - hmmmmmmm?

That's a US bass store selling it - he's the guy who pushes Benavente basses.

Y'know, I've tried a few Wals over the years, and I don't deny they're great basses, but I never thought they were that great. It really seems that there's a push for them to go from player's basses over to collector's instruments. It's not often you see a small maker go that way - the one name that always springs to mind is Zemaitis, and anyone who's into collectible instruments knows the kind of dollars that name pulls these days. I wonder if Wal might go the same way. Apparently Brian from the Lowend seems to think so!!

Have a look at the location: "nashille/murfreesboro, tn"? The account has no completed listings in the last 12 months, but a rating of 146 based on feedback from years ago.

The contact details look like they've been copied from an existing bass retailer, but so far it looks like someone in the Nashville area who can't spell Nashville, and a bass seller who can't spell "frets". if I was interested I'd contact that retailer directly to see if it was for real. :)

[quote name='bnt' post='88230' date='Nov 14 2007, 08:04 AM']Have a look at the location: "nashille/murfreesboro, tn"? The account has no completed listings in the last 12 months, but a rating of 146 based on feedback from years ago.

The contact details look like they've been copied from an existing bass retailer, but so far it looks like someone in the Nashville area who can't spell Nashville, and a bass seller who can't spell "frets". if I was interested I'd contact that retailer directly to see if it was for real. :)[/quote]

He's got the bass on his site, only he wants $7999 on there!!! Also, the web address listed is correct, and the emil address matches the one on his site.

I think he's just a dealer trying to cash in on the current craze Americans have for Wal basses.

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='88232' date='Nov 14 2007, 08:10 AM']i personally know the guy...traded with him several times and bought from him ...be sure it's one of the best dealer....great guy!! so that auction is safe at 100%[/quote]
Fair enough. I must admit it was the [quote]The account has no completed listings in the last 12 months, but a rating of 146 based on feedback from years ago.[/quote] that had me thinking.

That said it is not like the Aberdeen scams we have seen recently where they run from no reserve.

Sadly £4k is [i][b][u]substantially[/u][/b][/i] more than I can afford or justify to become a WalNut (ie 2 or more) :)