Why become a member? ×

The best Marcus Miller clip...

bubinga5

Im sure some have seen this before but this is why i love Marcus soooo much...wonderful playing from the master of soulful bass playing...i defy anyone not to love the sound of his jazz bass...his solo at the start is wonderful..then he hits you with that killer slap hook....

tis a very young MM with Sanborn IMHO the best track/clip ive ever seen of this magician of the electric bass..i love it just before he comes in with the slap he adjusts his basses tone....his slap bass is something to behold at 3.10 onwards....

whoops.. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J85oQSX-d6s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J85oQSX-d6s[/url]

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='uzzell' post='810162' date='Apr 18 2010, 11:08 AM']Yawn.[/quote]
whats the point in posting if its negative? its only my opinion and i know this is yours, but i wonder if you could entertain us with your bass playing like Marcus Miller can.i doubt it....sorry im having a bad day..

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' post='810166' date='Apr 18 2010, 11:17 AM']whats the point in posting if its negative? its only my opinion and i know this is yours, but i wonder if you could entertain us with your bass playing like Marcus Miller can.i doubt it....sorry im having a bad day..[/quote]

The reason for my remark is the same as your postive one; You felt the need to share your view with everyone so I thought since this was a forum that caters for bass players, I would add my reply. Sorry if it offends. For the record, no I cant play like Mr Miller and in all fairness, neither would I want to. Its a style thing. That smooth American RnB sound doesnt excite me like it does others.